Ice Pops?? Remember those? Ca. 1970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Pops?? Remember those? Ca. 1970

Anyone remember those? Cellophane/plastic tubes filled with fruit flavoured water? Must be ca. 1970/71. Our neighbour always had a good stock in their freezer in the garage. Fond memories!

Re: Ice Pops?? Remember those? Ca. 1970

Originally posted by Karen1960 View Post
    Anyone remember those? Cellophane/plastic tubes filled with fruit flavoured water? Must be ca. 1970/71. Our neighbour always had a good stock in their freezer in the garage. Fond memories!
    Remember them well! - but when did they start to disappear?....

Comment

The sweetshops near me had Mr Freeze brandaed ones, with a snowman's head as a logo.

Very nice after a hot day in school, the cola & bubblegum ones were really nice.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember hanging in the freezer in our local shop, they were always at the very bottom, and you almost had to climb in to reach them
        Heather

Comment

Wow, I thought they were still available nationwide in the UK.
          All three local Costcutter style shops near me stock Mr Freeze.
          And you can get them (in several varieties) in Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, e.t.c.
          They have never actually gone away in my area so I just assumed that you could still get them everywhere else.
          To be honest though, they're not particularly nice these days, they have artificial sweeteners instead of sugar, so I wouldn't recommend them.

Comment

We have 'em here in Oz...Quelch Combo Fruit Blocks ... Raspberry+Watermelon, Pinapple+Passionfruit, Peach+Pear, and Blueberry+Strawberry.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
              Wow, I thought they were still available nationwide in the UK.
              All three local Costcutter style shops near me stock Mr Freeze.
              And you can get them (in several varieties) in Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, e.t.c.
              They have never actually gone away in my area so I just assumed that you could still get them everywhere else.
              To be honest though, they're not particularly nice these days, they have artificial sweeteners instead of sugar, so I wouldn't recommend them.
              http://www.mr-freezepops.co.uk/

Comment

I have to ask. Does anyone remember an ice-pop called Captain...something?
                It was white and it had a VERY distinctive taste. I used to LOVE them but I have never tasted ANYTHING like them ever SINCE for the rest of my LIFE.
                The were like the other ice-pops in that they were long and thin, but it wasn't fruit-juice inside. I have no idea WHAT they were. The only thing I can remember is that they were white (like Mini-Milks - anyone remember THOSE? ) and that they had a picture of a 'super-hero' on them and he was called Captain...bah, I can't remember. Captain something-or-other.
                I NEEEEED to know what they were CALLED so that I can look them UP and find out what the FLAVOUR was.
                Can anyone put me out of my misery please?

Comment

These ?

http://elisha.be/Ice-Lollies

Comment

I'm sure I have posted those ice pops on the defunct thread

i'll search them out

Comment

Sorry, I was thinking of Mr Freeze

Comment

ive never heard of these before i certainly never remember seeing them where i live they just dont ring a bell.
                        i dont remember the name elisha's.
                        mr freeze of course i know very well.
                        when u said ice pops i thought u meant them ones that came in clear plastic and u had to put them in the freezer as they came in liquid form.

u could get them in many flavours.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                        X