The Green Eyed Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Eyed Monster

Does anyone else remember this one-off special shown on Children's ITV? It was a one-off paranormal drama for kids shown in about 1989. The title character 'The Green-Eyed Monster' was a girl who had hidden powers that caused strange things to happen whenever she got jealous. Whenever she became jealous her eyes would actually light up green and then some kind of accident or mishap would happen to the person she was jealous of. Most of the story followed her in various surroundings among other kids, at school or at a friend's party. Then the climax came at her home, where her mother had just given birth to a baby girl, who the title character was jealous of, and her powers caused the whole house to set on fire. The baby was rescued and the family gathered outside the burning house as the fire brigade was called, but the story ended on a close-up of the baby, her eyes lighting up green, indicating she had the same powers.

I remember being quite excited to watch this as the trailers had been shown on CITV for a few weeks, but I was quite disappointed with the actual programme as I didn't feel it was all that good, and it didn't seem to end properly, just ended on the close-up of the baby's eyes without showing what happened next.

From the limited amount I've found online it seems the special was aired on 1st September 1989 and starred Joanne Leigh-Palmer. Does anyone else remember this?

Re: The Green Eyed Monster

Like you I can only find very limited info http://explore.bfi.org.uk/4ce2b79e6dfab
    Heather

Comment

Yes, I remember it being considered too scary for me to watch. The girl made glass crack with her mind?

Comment

Originally posted by gluke View Post
        Yes, I remember it being considered too scary for me to watch. The girl made glass crack with her mind?
        That sounds like it, yes. I'd definitely be interested to see it again.

Comment

Working...
        X