Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cartoon on VHS with songs, does anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cartoon on VHS with songs, does anyone know?

I vaguely remember a VHS tape that I used to watch when I was a kid. It was probably from the mid-80's to the early 90's, since I was born in 1985, and remember being able to play the VHS for myself when I got old enough. It was in color and most likely regular animation and not puppets.

It featured a bunch of songs for kids. Songs I remember are:

- An elephant / hippo or some other similar animal singing, "I'm picking up a baby bumble bee" and acting out the words. Then the animal put the bee in its mouth and it stung her.
    - An animal with floppy ears singing, "Do your ears hang low". It was moving its ears around to the words in the song, doing the actions like tying them in a bow.
    - A cartoon showing a spider acting out the words in "The itsy bitsy spider."

I also seem to remember there being a hot air balloon and some sort of circus theme.

It also probably isn't a "Kid songs" or "Baby songs" tape, and also not "Dumbo's circus."

I'm new here and this has been bothering me for a long time, and I have done a lot of research trying to find it already. Thank you so much if you can help me!

Re: Cartoon on VHS with songs, does anyone know?

There was an animated kids' show called 'Rub A Dub Dub' that featured animals acting out nursery rhymes and children's songs; wasn't that was it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
      There was an animated kids' show called 'Rub A Dub Dub' that featured animals acting out nursery rhymes and children's songs; wasn't that was it?
      That's what I was going to suggest too

Comment

Originally posted by ericthecavalier View Post
        That's what I was going to suggest too
        Sorry, but I looked that up and none of it seems familiar. I am sure it was something else. I remember it being a little more modern looking, and also not with english accents. I am from the United states.

Thank you for your suggestions, though!

Comment

Originally posted by nearbytrains View Post
          I vaguely remember a VHS tape that I used to watch when I was a kid. It was probably from the mid-80's to the early 90's, since I was born in 1985, and remember being able to play the VHS for myself when I got old enough. It was in color and most likely regular animation and not puppets.

It featured a bunch of songs for kids. Songs I remember are:

- An elephant / hippo or some other similar animal singing, "I'm picking up a baby bumble bee" and acting out the words. Then the animal put the bee in its mouth and it stung her.
          - An animal with floppy ears singing, "Do your ears hang low". It was moving its ears around to the words in the song, doing the actions like tying them in a bow.
          - A cartoon showing a spider acting out the words in "The itsy bitsy spider."
          I remember this too - I was Googling to try and find it but came across your post instead. Have you had any luck? I also remember Humpty Dumpty, Jack and Jill, There's a Hole in my Bucket, and All Around the Mulberry Bush.

Comment

NEVERMIND! I JUST FOUND IT! Those all caps are intentional, btw.

"Sing Giggle and Grin" - http://www.amazon.ca/Sing-Giggle-Gol.../dp/6300156508

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM2q20zvaCM

Comment

Also, here's a full video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFXGLgrfyb0

Comment

Originally posted by BlitzKid View Post
                Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone remember this Rub A Dub Dub show being part of a Sunday morning set of kid's programs, which started at about 7am and lasted a few hours. I think the programs were linked together in some way, perhaps with a presenter? It was around 1983. Unfortunately I can't remember what the other shows were about.

Comment

Thank you so much for finding it! My sister and I have spent a long time trying to figure out what this is! I am so glad that I will no longer have to wonder about this. I watched it on youtube, and I think I remember why my sister and I used to watch it... because we thought it was funny! I can't wait to show her. Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreedy View Post
                    Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone remember this Rub A Dub Dub show being part of a Sunday morning set of kid's programs, which started at about 7am and lasted a few hours. I think the programs were linked together in some way, perhaps with a presenter? It was around 1983. Unfortunately I can't remember what the other shows were about.
                    Are we talking Dick and Dodo here?

Comment

Working...
                    X