Originals are best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originals are best

I heard Labi Siffres song It must be love which was released in 1971 on the radio yesterday,dont hardly play this song but it is great.

I dont like Madness singing it but they play it quite often on the radio

Re: Originals are best

i cant think of any songs where i prefer a later re;ease of a song.

for example uptown girl which westlife did was poor compahe originalred to t
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

remixes never the same rather stick to the original ones
      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Phil Collins You Cant Hurry Love was ok with the origal of the Supremes

Comment

I prefer the Gary Jules version of Mad World to the Tears for Fears version (but they are both very good)
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
            i cant think of any songs where i prefer a later re;ease of a song.

for example uptown girl which westlife did was poor compahe originalred to t

Some are good efforts but not many match the Original's - but a few are close to being good I think. Maddonna with American Pie is one of the best I think as she really really altered Don MaClean's original - though can it qualify if it was so much?

Eternal Flame by Atomic Kitten was quite too but still far from as good as The Bangles original version. Another good one (possibly even better than American Pie) was Duran Duran and Ordinary World, which in essence (I felt originated more as a sort of Dance song) back in 1993 when it was new

Though I think Duran Duran covered it well (though I guess in those day's - 199 I think it was re-covered) it was still quite novel to do cover versions so soon, which really helped I think

80sChav

Comment

I can think of a few covers that I felt improved on the original:

Joe Cocker's Little Help From My Friends had more power than the Beatles' original.

Jimmi Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower became the definitive version (sorry Dylan!).

The House of the Rising Sun had been recorded many times before the Animals' 1964 version became the best ever.

I preferred Patti Smith's Gloria to the 60's original.

Finally, I always loved the Flying Lizards' Money, but never rated the Beatles original.

Comment

The only remake I have preferred in the last 10 or so years is Adele's Make You Feel My Love, much better than Bob Dylans

Comment

D J Sammys version of Boys of summer was dreadful

Only Don Henley could sing this song

Comment

Dear Prudence by Siouxsie and the Banshees is as good as the Beatles original.
                    Bauhaus version of Ziggy Stardust isn't bad either.

As for Mad World - Tears for Fears original is far superior to the GJ versioin
                    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I thought Roxy Music's version of Jealous Guy was better than the original, also Red Red Wine is much better by UB40 than Neil Diamond,

Comment

Originally posted by tonstu04 View Post
                        I thought Roxy Music's version of Jealous Guy was better than the original, also Red Red Wine is much better by UB40 than Neil Diamond,
                        I agree on both counts.

I prefer The Jam's version of "David Watts" to The Kinks'.
                        "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

When I bought Everything I own by Ken Booth I was given a rollocking from my older sister, though at the time I liked it. With the passing of the years, however, I find the original by Bread is far superior.
                          "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

Jennifer Warnes did a very good cover of the Waterboys 'the whole of the moon'.

Comment

jennifer rush's original version of power of love is better than celine dion's
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                              X