Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Originals are best

Originally posted by darren View Post
    jennifer rush's original version of power of love is better than celine dion's

True Darren, but I do like Celine's version very much too - though Jennifer's version was extremely unique I think/feel.

Thinking about Celine Dion - I recall how Celine covered It's All coming Back To Me Now, that was originally sung by Pandora's Box, who made it it the song it was I think - though again Celine's effort was good in it's own right.

80sChav

Comment

It all depends on your age and when you first heard the song, most people love a song as they first heard it regardless of who was the origional singer, however The Pet Shop Boys have done some brilliant covers.

Comment

dancing queen by abba over kylie minogues remake cover.

Abba's songs are/where incredibly complicated hard to put together.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
          It all depends on your age and when you first heard the song, most people love a song as they first heard it regardless of who was the origional singer, however The Pet Shop Boys have done some brilliant covers.
          Their cover of Always on my mind is one of my favorite songs
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

The Bee Gees wrote many songs that were covered by other artists.

Their version of How Can You Mend A Broken Heart? is very nice, but Al Green's cover is really something.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              The Bee Gees wrote many songs that were covered by other artists.

Their version of How Can You Mend A Broken Heart? is very nice, but Al Green's cover is really something.
              The Bee Gees have written so many wonderful songs For themselves and others ...

Comment

John lennon's imagine wonderful song he sang it with such passion tho.
                Saw it covered by lady gaga and not as good altho it wasnt terrible.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Disturbed's visceral take on S&G's Sound of Silence has to be one of the most powerful covers ever;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Comment

this is one of my favourite cover versions.

Comment

I think I probably agree with what is being said here - Boyzone's version When The Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going Going was'nt half as good as Billy Oceans version) but then again I though westlife and Mariah Carey's version of Against All Odds did beat "All The Odds" and challeneged Phil Collins version with a good run for it's money and I like Boyzone better than Westlife

As much too as I love Maddona (and after 18 years I am over how she "wrecked" American Pie by diluting half of Don McCleans original lyrics in - but I still rate it as good and hope one day they can make a duet of it!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                        I prefer the Gary Jules version of Mad World to the Tears for Fears version (but they are both very good)
                        Same here Jay; I reckon Gary Jules version is poignant & moving, whereas Tears for Fears version doesn't have that aspect
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Jason Donavan's Sealed With a Kiss, I reckon is as good as the original by Bobby Vinten

Then there is The House of the Rising Sun but I prefer the version by Frijid Pink with their guitar intro
                          Last edited by Twocky61; 27-05-2018, 11:43.
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I prefer the rock version of Commodores Easy ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X