• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radio Stations

Listening to Planet Rock on digital radio

Comment

Can't say I listen much to radio these days but when I do I usually tune to Absolute 70's or 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
        Can't say I listen much to radio these days but when I do I usually tune to Absolute 70's or 80's.
        If theres nothing on Tv in the evenings,then I will listen to digital radio

Comment

Dutch authorities raid on RADIO CAROLINE. - YouTube This is dramatic, live as it happened footage featuring the final minutes of radio caroline. listen well, so sad.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
            I used to listen to Peel from 1979 until I went to Uni in 1981, when I got out of the habit.

The last time I properly listened was in 1986, when my telly was nicked in a burglary - Peel again!
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              I preferred Talk before it became TalkSport. As well as Mike Dickin I liked James Whale (& Ash, his side-kick!), Tommy Boyd & David Starkey
              TalkSport has since gone back to talk radio which it's a sister station TalkRadio
              Last edited by Twocky61; 14-09-2016, 16:29. Reason: Speeling Correction
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Listen to Chill or Radio 6Music

Comment

Radio Six I agree

Quite a few live studio sessions which is good
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember when Essex Radio first started, you could go to their office in Southend and write requests which they'd read out.

Now I listen to a few, including the one my wife works at.

Comment

I used to listen to Radio Luxembourg from about early 1984 to mid 1986. I'd gotten a new clock radio for Christmas, manly to wake me up in time for school! I still have that clock radio in fact, much the worse for wear of course. But it had a radio, and for some reason I tuned into Radio Luxembourg. So I managed to experience some hits of the 80s as they happened. Some songs I remembered-

99 Red Balloons
                      Band Aid single
                      The Queen "Hits" of that time. I Want To Break Free, Hammer To Fall etc
                      (Pride) In the Name Of Love
                      White Wedding
                      Hello
                      Ghostbusters
                      I Just Called To Say I Love You
                      Relax/ Two Tribes
                      Madonna, becoming a big name with her songs
                      The Power Of Love
                      I want To Know What Love Is

Well you get the idea. If it was a hit in the mid 80s I no doubt heard it on Radio Luxembourg. These days I just find radio DJs too annoying to be bothered with the radio that much. Hey, I'm sure that even in 1984 the DJs were annoying but I suppose I didn't mind it as much!

Comment

Recently I bought a digital radio & have been listening to Smooth Radio mostly (it's very weak on FM near me), & at times I've had Radio 2 & 6 Music on if there's something good on.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Listening to Radio 2 Sounds of The 70s The Eagles One of These Nights

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            Recently I bought a digital radio & have been listening to Smooth Radio mostly (it's very weak on FM near me), & at times I've had Radio 2 & 6 Music on if there's something good on.
                            I first heard of Smooth when I was in the North West, staying in Blackpool and finding the radio stations there.

Managed to get a new digital radio today, and I often listen to Gold UK by default, even though Nottingham has had a Gold station for a few years because of its 999 MW frequency.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Planet Rock was also a good station to listen

Comment

Working...
                              X