Ayds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayds

In the 70's, and possibly 80's, there was these supposed slimming toffees called Ayds. Dead hard and tasteless they were too. Did they remarket them from the say mid 80's, or did they do the sensible thing and drop the whole product all together?

Re: Ayds

I remember one of the ads was on Ad Infinintum, with Victor Lewis-Smith poking fun at them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I remember my brother's girlfriend used them and gave me one to try. It was revolting.
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember one of the ads was on Ad Infinintum, with Victor Lewis-Smith poking fun at them.
        It was TV Offal - Channel 4 shown it straight after coming out of an ad break so it looked as it was part of the commercials. I bet that those who used to press pause when taping Offal probably didn't tape that advert.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I have a lot of digitalised TV Offal episodes on a CD somewhere. Along with episodes of "In bed with me dinner", wonder where that CD is!

Comment

In Bed With Medinner was great - both ironic and satirical. Where else would you see Bob Warman present Miss Yorkshire Television 1977 from Skegness over two decades after the original TX?
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by wickerman View Post
              In the 70's, and possibly 80's, there was these supposed slimming toffees called Ayds. Dead hard and tasteless they were too. Did they remarket them from the say mid 80's, or did they do the sensible thing and drop the whole product all together?
              Yeah, I remember LBC used to broadcast ads for them in the early '80s, and News of the World ran some prints ads...Until that disease became big news. Then it was weird hearing the ads and they disappeared. I think they changed the name and tried a come back later on.

Comment

Working...
              X