X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long Chase

Does anyone remember "The long Chase"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0173572/

I vividly remember this programme. It ran to 13 episodes with a young boy being chased around the country. I recall a speedboat in the opening credits. I also remember Glyn Houston as the father in it and it culminated with an assassination attempt at the Edinburgh Tattoo.
    I can't find any stills or clips of this great programme. Any luck out there?

Re: The Long Chase

I DO remember The Long Chase - although I was fairly young at the time. I think it ended with the bad guy chasing the young boy up a mountain, and he was within feet of catching him when he lost his footing, and fell off the mountain.
    I'm not quite sure if the young boy was the same actor who went on to play Kim in "Kim and Co;" at the time, I thought it was, but like I say, I was pretty young.

Comment

Yes I remember watching it early 70's if I remember rightly. It has never been repeated or made commercially available in VHS or DVD. Perhaps the tapes have been lost. I'll phone BBC Enterprises and ask & let you know on here what they say
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        It would be really good to see this program again. I remember that it had a very "grown up" feeling about it. I also recall the boy in the programme watching the assassin practice shooting in a forest and afterwards prising a pellet/bullet out of a tree. The pellet may have been poisoned.

Comment

http://youtu.be/Qdhp7NPd-QM

wondered why id not heard of it then noticed it was just before my time.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

As I thought; not commercially available

I actually missed the first episode but a brilliant series anyway
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Here's the theme tune to bring back your memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdhp7NPd-QM
              sigpic

Comment

From what I can see in old TV listings, it was shown in the BBC 1 "Blue Peter" slot on Mondays circa October 1972, and was repeated on Sunday afternoons around Spring 1974? First shown around the time when ITV had launched its afternoon schedule and launched Emmerdale Farm, Crown Court and others.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X