U2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2

Wow i'd be impressed to get up close, and meet them, they are awesome live, saw them twice now, and quite close up too, brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by pedro View Post
      Yeah great music.. "One" is down to be played when I shift this mortal coil
      I think I'd like "Kite" played at my funeral - not a dry eye in the house LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
        Easily, I think they play overblown cr*p,the singer is the biggest idiot in music and they always sound the same.
        "Hello,Hello,I'm at a place called Vertigo"..How profound!!
        How can this man bang on to the public to give up money and end world debt,when he pays £1000's to fly a Hat to another country,and moves his business premises overseas to avoid taxes??
        Sanctamonius muppet!
        Here Here,

I think i would like to say a few words to Bono all ending with Off

Comment

I used to be a big fan, especially back in the Achtung Baby days, but my respect for Bono has declined consistently over the years, to the point now where he's just annoying.

Comment

Years ago "Joshua tree" tour. U2 played Elland road in Leeds.

I did not have a ticket and stood with many others outside the ground listening to the concert.

Before they arrived we were stood by the gate when each band member turned up in seperate hire cars and got out of the cars literally 6 foot away from me....

.....i was pretty chuffed at the time to be so close to my heroes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrgreedy View Post
              I used to be a big fan, especially back in the Achtung Baby days, but my respect for Bono has declined consistently over the years, to the point now where he's just annoying.

x2
              sigpic

Comment

I went to the Zoo TV tour at Wembley stadium in August 1993.

I wasn’t impressed with Bono. I think it was this around era where he started to become pretentious and annoying.

Comment

I was there, still a blinding show however silly he gets
                  "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                    I was there, still a blinding show however silly he gets
                    Totally agree. For every time I wanted to throttle him ("This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles, we're stealing it back"; bringing Salman Rushdie on stage etc), there were two or three times I was simply in awe of the breathtaking showmanship.

These days I can take them or leave them, but on the Joshua Tree tour, I saw them in London, Dublin, Cork, Cardiff and Paris. Excessive yes, expensive yes, but some great memories.

Comment

Working...
                    X