Google Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Glass

Who has heard about the new gaget google glass,the next thing to annoy people wearing glasses with a camera attatched.Wont take long for scammers to cop on beware quite easily pin numbers could be a target!

Re: Google Glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma8NbpCvSwo

Comment

Yeah I read about this, I don't half feel old with all these new gadgets knocking about and I'm only 28! Anyone agree with me that they are knocking out so many new ideas and apps/phones/tablets/consoles these days without ever really mastering any of it properly? Always seems to be all kinds of problems with these sorts of things. Can't see these glasses catching on, same with VR headsets and all that stuff. It annoys me when I see fellas walkin about with bluetooth headsets on so a bloke strolling about with a pair of these would annoy me even more.

Comment

I have no problem if tech is used correctly by responsible people. But with all new tech someone will always try to take advantage of others by using it in one way or another. You can say the same about mobile phones with cameras built into them. It all depends on how far the tech evolves, if it catches on and if the government steps in to set guidelines especially for the products use in public and private places. I assume that the same laws will govern google glass as what covers all photography. The thing is with proper photography you can see a physical camera in someone's hands. With glass and mobiles you don't and so for many older people it won't register that they are being filmed or photographed. I don't like the idea of someone recognizing me or pulling up data about me either, not even people I know. Again it will all depend if glass will be integrated into the internet or some other database. Some applications could be fantastic like being able to identify wild flowers in the field, in medicine, and as teaching aids. Again it all comes down to how Glass like any tech is used. I have a horrid feeling that what with the younger generation we have now (who will probably buy into the latest hip gadget)it will all go downhill and end up like a mobile version of Facebook.

Comment

I watched the video and just looking at them they are annoying,will be a distraction,they should be banned from car use could lead to more accidents.At present they are £1k only middle class rich will afford to buy them.I can see it being a surge in London with the trendy young 20,s plus posing.

Comment

Working...
          X