Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotel accomadation

Hotel accomadation
    So we were taken to the biggest hotel overlooking the small town of San Ignacio, nice and picturesque, but then that was where Fiona and Sandria would be staying and Tim[A curly, bearded guy, mainly there to help us and keep us enertained he was a laff too, and a good listener, nice bloke.], Big Arthur[just benetah graham in pecking order, a miserable old git, for want of a better description, Victor Meldew had nothing on him.], Big Adrian [Big ada was in charge of the building side, bit of a stiff upper lip, sort of guy, reminded me of an army officer, had the moustache for twirling too.] and Graham would be staying.

We were on the other side of the hotel, above the basketball courts and with access to the swimming pool too, and intot he hotel and bar itself, we were spilt into three groups again now, as there were a trio of apartments.

Big Dave[ A tall, kool rasta guy, becam emy blood brother in Mexico, more of which later.], Little Dave [ A quiet, but aggressive kinda guy, but I grew to like him later as the weeks past.], Colin [Another rasta, a nice bloke too, we had some good chats, quiet too.] and Arthur were in one apartment downstairs.

The other downstairs apartment consisted of Little Ada [ Bit of a know it all kinda of bloke. though he had his momments too, and a born poser, insurance salesman now.], Pete[A strange guy at times, kept himself to himself went off to chat, visit the locals, but a grafter too, and he save my life once too.] and Moxey [Now he was a charcter, and pulled the girls without trying, a vegitarian which would cause him problems at some point too, but a great bloke too.] and lastly was Edwin [Well what can I say, he grafted, but was reknown for the cement hanging from his armpits, a rocker/biker, gave them a bad name with greasy hair, but he was an ok guy, but sometimes, could cause friction in the group.]

Which left our upstair block, split into four parts, a lounge area, which Mark, and Andy [An other great guy, kool and had the sun tan and a few quid in his pocket oo, turned out I'd even chatted his sister up without knowing it sometime in the past too. And he had an eye for the ladies, Sandria again, but Fiona too.] The middle setion was shared by Eddie and Dean[ A nice bloke, easy going and he met a girl over there, became his girlfriend whilst we were over there.] Then on bunk beds in a little area were me and Smarty, and shower area, to the bac of us and a kitchen/galley area along the side of the apartment.
    Last edited by Oggy; 20-12-2006, 21:22.

Comment

Whats a load of Brummies supposed to do in a hotel?

Whats a load of Brummies supposed to do in a hotel?

So there we were holed up in the hotel, we found later there was a night club directly below our rooms, the Blue Grotto, as we aptly named it the Grotty Grotto, when we investigated it at a later. The music was early 80's, we took loads of tapes with us, before CD's folks so the music served our apartments too, but we decided to check it out, easy access and easily staggerable back to our beds. So we introduced, or I did to Central America Sigue Sigue Sputnik!!! And I discovered tequilla, oboy! We were like celebrities in the grotto, but as its nickname suggested it was grotty and dark, but loads of fun.

Inspired by the grotto to a degree, we decided to hold a party in our apartment, but in need of drink......well Big Ada we knew had at least one crate of beer in his room he, so me and Mark decided to liberate one for the party, party on music from the grotto and beer, and a laff and joke. But Big Ada wasn't impressed, no sense of humor it would seem, this a man who posted a tarantuala back home to a friend I kid you not, but the spider arrived dead. Well we drank the beer and danced the night away.
      Last edited by Oggy; 06-01-2007, 23:26.

Comment

What are u goin on about???
        Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Read my recollections, my memories.

Comment

ok
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Just wanted to share what I think is one the turning points of my life, funny too, well maybe its you have to have been there time but love people to comment.

Comment

Hi OGG!!!

Im loving reading all about these adventures mate, I think having worked in the Museums Industry and having done a lot of Oral History Work you get to love hearing peoples life stories and recollections of important events that shaped their lives, I always enjoy that and I guess..Im just naturally nosy!!!! lmao...Keep up the adventure recounting mate; its great reading ;0)

All the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife

Comment

Thanx Rab, will do mate.

Comment

Working lunch, hunger strike and moonlight dips

Working lunch, hunger strike and moonlight dips
                    Well here we were a place to sleep, party and now to work, the heat was hot hot hot, not something I'd experienced until now, so we started early, and finished in the afternoon. The lads from the orphanage were helping us, sifting sand, and wheeling barrows and odd jobs, we worked hard, sweaty we stopped for lunch back at the hotel a short walk away from the site. We were fed hotdogs or burgers and chips/fries they expected us to want to eat what the staff termed our own kind of food from back home, and we were sad not to be eating the local cuisine. But this was where the problems with Moxey began, he being a vegetarian refused to eat the food, and went on hunger strike, and later on in the week stopped work too, and stayed in his room back at the hotel.

On the afternoons we went in the swimming pool in the hotel, lovely and cool, and sometimes in the morning before work too, being not a very good swimmer, I learned to dive in the pool in afashion, diving over a chair in to the water, as prompted by Eddie. But after a late night out at the Grotto all of us in our apartment decided to go to the pool and ended up skinny dipping! Thats was a mad night out, but darn fun, here I was the other side of the world nake din a swimming pool with newfound friends, how kool was that?

Comment

Working...
                    X