• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abba

great band, i how some of their rec0ords and often listen them

Comment

I was never really a fan of ABBA till i saw an ABBA tribute band. ABBA werent all about the cheese. If you actually listened to them properly they were genius.
      Last edited by HG; 13-11-2009, 18:15. Reason: Keep discussion about Abba not pushing a tribute band

Comment

Abba broke up just as I was getting into music so didn't get into them as a current group. For most of the rest of the 1980s they seemed to be forgotten about apart from the odd playing of their better known hits.

In the last 20 years they seem to have had a mini-revivial every few years.

I've got the 2 volumes of Abba Gold & have seen both the stage & film versions of Mamma Mia.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

They're absolutely brilliant and my favourites along with the Beatles and the Hollies. I even legally changed my name to Agnetha!
          The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

I think ABBA are FAB(BA).

I'll get Frame's coat...
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Love ABBA.

Comment

It was quite funny in the 70's and 80's. They were one of the biggest selling artists around (as several no 1s would prove) and yet it was virtually impossible to find anybody who liked them.
                "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Who remembers those FANTASTIC WHITE SATIN CAT DRESSES !!!

The Girls in ABBA wore the most amazing white satin dresses with embroidered cat designs on! One in BLUE and one in GOLD - Sometimes they wore full length and sometimes they wore mini shift dresses!

Either way they looked excellent!

In fact ABBA styles may be worth another thread in the fashion section?

Comment

I only knew the odd song 'til ABBA Gold came out. I bought that, loved it - and then bought More Gold which I love even more.
                    That was years ago, and I didn't think I'd bother with their studio albums but recently bought a little box set that has their first 4 albums in card sleeves. I haven't played them enough to get to know the tracks yet.

Comment

Hey mate.

i knew about abba for a long time but only in the last few yrs did i start listening to them.
                      there music is really like nothing else i have ever heard.

there songs are so complext its fair to say the girls where the main stars.

but as a foursome they worked so well together.

so many of their songs make me shed a tear.
                      there music rreally comes from the heart.

Originally posted by DaysWentRollingBy View Post
                      I only knew the odd song 'til ABBA Gold came out. I bought that, loved it - and then bought More Gold which I love even more.
                      That was years ago, and I didn't think I'd bother with their studio albums but recently bought a little box set that has their first 4 albums in card sleeves. I haven't played them enough to get to know the tracks yet.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've been tempted to start collecting their albums, I have the 2 gold compilations but I'm sure I'll like what's on them.

Many years ago the Britannia Music Club had a 3-4 disc box set, I'm not sure what was on it, I've never seen it for sale anywhere else.

Comment

ABBA are up there with The Beatles (ok not QUITE as good) songwriting wise....some of their tunes are very complex.

This song is not one of their better known, but very good nonetheless

Comment

dont belive ive ever heard that song or even heard of it.

im sure there are many songs i dont know about.
                            abba gold im sure does not have every song they have ever done.

Comment

Eagle is one the More Abba Gold CD, which is a second volume of lesser hits & songs that were only singles in certain countries.

Comment

so thats how it works each new CD of abba gold has lesser known tracks on it.
                                i like that idea.
                                im sure there are some gems of the lesser known songs.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                                Eagle is one the More Abba Gold CD, which is a second volume of lesser hits & songs that were only singles in certain countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X