Abba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abba

I can remember really taking a dislike to them in their early days, some 20 years on I find I quite like a lot of their music. Does that mean I am getting old? LOL

I don't know about getting old, because I always liked them. I never could tell why people disliked them. They did a hilarious version of Afternoon Delight in a recent movie, but the name escapes me. It was about warring news station reporters.

Comment

I was amazed when I heard the singer Billie Piper being interviewed and she said she had never even heard of Abba!
      Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
      http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I still can't stand Abba.

Comment

Knowing me knowing you was my song for when i left my hubby..many, many years ago..Abbas songs were relevant to many situations then..i always thought I was the Dancing Queen back in the 70s....haha

Comment

I was always a big Abba fan, mainly because my dad was. "Fernando" was one of my favorites. Frieda had a couple of hits in the 80's when she left the group.

Comment

It wasn't cool to like them as a teenager but I think they were great. My mother loves them. I did break my leg dancing to Waterloo at my brother's wedding though....
              Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I was not a huge fan really, although I could respect their gift for writing catchy pop songs.

I did always have a soft spot though for "Super Trouper". It's a clever song, and its not everyday you hear a song about a light!
                Old enough to know better...

Comment

abba suck they r far to cheesy u always hear their tunes in we cheesy pubs n clubs!

Comment

Perhaps if you visit my website "ABBA THE BEGINNING"
                    it may help you change your mind....hope so

http://stickerman1.tripod.com/abba-the-beginning.htm

Comment

I actually like ABBA very much! I think they are, or at least, should be an icon of pop music! I've always liked them...The mystery around their breakup is cool...And how can someone not like The Winner Takes It All? Like someone above said...I listened to some of their songs in certain times and... oh well...
                      I Don't Reckon Any Other Sign of Superiority But Kindness - Beethoven

Comment

ahhh Abba
                        childhood memories (my sister still resents to this day!) of my cousin and myself pretending to be Agnetha and Anifrid on stage - in the lounge with hair brushes as microphones. My (younger) sister had the choice of either being either Bjorn or Benny (she'd usually choose Bjorn 'cos he was cuter) or the ice cream seller in the audience LMAO.

i think she raised this inequitable treatment recently at my wedding lololol

Comment

Re: Abba

That pianist from ABBA is absolute magic! Too bad they split up and were replaced by all the A grade BS you get nowadays. Whatever happened to REAL music, I'll never understand.

Comment

Well, I loved them! They were my first favourite act as an early teen. They were huge in Australia as most people know. My tastes have moved a long way since, yet I credit my interest in music mostly to ABBA. An Australian site called abbamail.com is for die hards and worth a visit, as the Universal site no longer has a forum.

great that this site welcomes all sorts and tastes!
                            Vincent

Comment

I remember listening to Abba when i was kid and their songs were new and first released.I didn't take much notice of them,as to me,they sounded like all the other bands.Now though,i do listen to them,and understand how much quality there was in not only their music,but also in the voices aswell.Agnetha and Frida had very rare and unique vocal ranges.Frida is a Mezzo Soprano and Agnetha is a Soprano.Frida is a royal princess in Sweden.

Comment

Working...
                              X