Abba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abba

How COULD you have disliked ABBA? They were the best band in the 70s. I loved them, especially Agnetha, the blonde girl.
    Wirral Writer
    www.alantoner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
      How COULD you have disliked ABBA? They were the best band in the 70s. I loved them, especially Agnetha, the blonde girl.
      Loved them and still do

Comment

What happened to these new Abba songs we we supposed to be getting around Christmas or year or two ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Wirral Writer View Post
          Agnetha is still a dreamboat at 70 years old !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes you definitely look fab for your age Agnetha

Comment

I like movie with their music and greek landscapes Mamma Mia

Comment

Here's my review on YouTube of their latest album:

​​​​​https://youtu.be/-8kc4w4mlfk
                Last edited by HG; 07-01-2022, 19:50. Reason: Fixing link
                "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

I read on line that the tickets in May are going to be the best part of £200 .... !
                  all that dosh to watch a cyber version of Abba !
                  But then I also read that they are building a brand new theatre in London especially to launch the event
                  so that will cost a pretty penny !

Comment

I was pleasantly surprised by the Voyage album there's certainly some good classic Abba on there, the 3 singles being the pick.
                    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

What do you all think of their new album "Voyager" and their single "Don't Shut Me Out"?

Comment

After all this time, they’ve still got it

Comment

MAYBE HA.
                          OR PERHAPS AS ONE GETS OLDER THEY APPRECIATE UNDERSTAND GREAT MUSIC..
                          A FEW YRS BACK I WENT TO An ABBA CONCERT DONE BY THE ULSTER ORCHESTRA FANTASTIC MUSIC GREAT ATMOSPPHERE AND COSTUMES.

Originally posted by floria View Post
                          I can remember really taking a dislike to them in their early days, some 20 years on I find I quite like a lot of their music. Does that mean I am getting old? LOL
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

While much of pop music is aimed at 14-year-olds, Abba were something different, they had mass appeal, they were a group whom people in their forties could listen to.
                            "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                              I was amazed when I heard the singer Billie Piper being interviewed and she said she had never even heard of Abba!
                              She maybe had heard their name from somewhere but had just forgotten it. My dad used to watch "Stars in Their Eyes" with us regularly when he was still alive and had honesty never heard of most of the artists being impersonated on it.

Incidentally few people have heard of Cliff Richard over in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan View Post
                                It wasn't cool to like them as a teenager but I think they were great. My mother loves them. I did break my leg dancing to Waterloo at my brother's wedding though....
                                They weren't specifically aimed at the teenage market, not all pop music is. As I've said before, Abba were a group with mass appeal, their songs were often played on Radio 2 in the seventies and that's a radio station for middle aged folk.

When I first went up to high school heavy metal was all the go and it was far more common to like AC/DC than Abba. Abba were more for the old fogies. Funnily enough, Bon Scott, the lead singer of AC/DC who had just deceased and been replaced by Brian Johnson, remarked that, in his opinion, the European bands didn't play rock music, and if they did they didn't do it well.

Abba were Swedish and they were certainly more of a pop group than a rock band.
                                Last edited by philipdalton; 02-06-2023, 12:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X