Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you could do in your childhood but cant do now !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you could do in your childhood but cant do now !!

I thought that this would motivate a few of you to post as we all have them !!

I will start you off with a few !!

As an adult.....

I can't get on a bus for half price !!

I can't climb trees as high as I used to !!

I can't get what I want just by crying !! ( A few of the craftier ladies may disagree with that one )

What else can't you do now that you are a "grown up " ?

Re: Things you could do in your childhood but cant do now !!

+Play the recorder as I did in school assembly

+Run as fast as I could then, especially from the police
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I can't somersault onto grass, land flat on my back and jump straight up again unharmed.
      I can't hang around the street on my bike, play with a ball, singing to myself etc without people thinking I'm a nutter!
      I can't stand up in the mine at Beamish Museum
      1976 Vintage

Comment

The splits!

Comment

Any biker like me will know Devils Bridge in Kirby Lonsdale. I used to be able to jump off it when younger. Now I'm too scared lol. The bridge has clearly got higher and the river below is shallower than it used to be is my excuse !!

Comment

Hop Scotch
            Skipping
            Chinese Skipping
            Hoola Hoops

Comment

Jump the stream on the way home. Probably end up in it these days.
              Climb, as my balance seems to have become shot to pieces, especially ladders.
              Run fast or for any distance.
              Comb my hair, it's long gone.
              In fact most of the energetic things I used to do in my childhood I can't do now.

Although our neighbor has some nice looking apples that may be worth scrumping

Comment

touch my toes LOL

one thing I used to enjoy as a kid was exploring derelict buildings without fear of repercussions,
                there would definitely be if I tried doing that nowadays LOL
                DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by culnara View Post
                  touch my toes LOL
                  I can't even see mine when I'm standing lol
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I'm young at heart so I do try to do as many of the active things I did as a kid, albeit sluggishly! Mind you I used to love roly polying over bars or hanging from them and putting my legs through my arms, an under roll if you like. Saw a suitable bar a couple of years ago and went for it but the combination of weak arms and a body that feels about twice as long and 50 times heavier had me panicking mid manoeuvre. VERY close to falling off and giving myself a brain injury!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                    X