Old Programmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old Programmes

One of the great things about a lot of the old shows, especially the dramas and comedies is that they are available on DVD. Challenge often fills in a few memories with old gameshows, but there are still old shows you can't get that I would like to see again -

'Stig Of The Dump' (the 1981 original ITV version)
    'Break In The Sun' (again from '81, BBC children's drama)
    'Swap Shop'.
    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Alias Smith and Jones
      Blake's 7
      The Flashing Blade

there's a few thought I'd chuck in

Comment

Originally posted by Pussywillow View Post
        Alias Smith and Jones
        Blake's 7
        The Flashing Blade

there's a few thought I'd chuck in
        Ah the Flashing Blade - loved the theme tune!

There's been talk of Blake's 7 remakes for ages though - and they never seem to get anywhere. I suppose Firefly was a bit like B7 and very enjoyable.

Comment

I can keep on watching old programmes and not get fed up of them like todays

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
            Ah the Flashing Blade - loved the theme tune!

There's been talk of Blake's 7 remakes for ages though - and they never seem to get anywhere. I suppose Firefly was a bit like B7 and very enjoyable.
            I tried watching the Firefly film (on Paul Darrow's recommendation) but didn't care for it. Might try watching it again.

Alias S & D I saw on some odd channel that we have now, we all enjoyed it very much. Mrs PW 'series linked' it so we can watch it at leisure.

I never got to see many of the episodes as back in the 70's it was on BBC2 and used to clash with something boring like Nationwide and my father wouldn't let me see it, so it's like a new series for me.

Comment

I tried watching the Firefly film (on Paul Darrow's recommendation) but didn't care for it. Might try watching it again.
              If you mean Serenity, I think I saw a bit of that before watching the series and didn't get it.

I then watched the series and tried Serenity again and thought it was great. I didn't know Paul Darrow had said anything about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                If you mean Serenity, I think I saw a bit of that before watching the series and didn't get it.

I then watched the series and tried Serenity again and thought it was great. I didn't know Paul Darrow had said anything about it though.
                Yeah what you said. I'm getting on a bit and got 'em muddled.

Paul Darrow was once asked in an interview if B7 would ever be made into a film. He said they've already done it with Serenity.

So is Firefly the series that follows on from the film ?

Comment

I've heard of Fireflay being similar to Blake's 7, along with Farscape.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Alias Smith and Jones is currently being shown on ITV4.

Comment

Yeah what you said. I'm getting on a bit and got 'em muddled.

Paul Darrow was once asked in an interview if B7 would ever be made into a film. He said they've already done it with Serenity.

So is Firefly the series that follows on from the film ?
                      Interesting - could be on here for ages pointing out differences and similarities between B7 and Firefly...

Anyway, Serenity came out after the series was cancelled to tidy up all the loose ends.

Comment

Working...
                      X