1970's Comic summer specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's Comic summer specials

Does anyone remember the comic summer specials that used to come out in the 70's,I can still remember reading the Buster and monster fun issue in the back of My Mum and Dad's car on the way to Anglesey on our holidays.
    Last edited by Hooper68; 05-08-2014, 19:24. Reason: Awful spelling

Re: !970's Comic summer specials

Now you mention it, I do remember them. Or sometimes they'd be called 'Holiday Specials'...I also remember the 'Libraries'...a mini version of a comic with usually two stories. They were great

Comment

Re: !970's Comic summer specials

I have many as PDF files, only thing I hated was the Summer Specials had no adverts

Comment

Re: 1970's Comic summer specials

Nearly every summer I would buy--or be bought--several holiday specials to keep me quiet in the car while going on holiday, only they were always read half-way there despite being much thicker than ordinary comics.

Comment

1970's Comic summer specials

I looked forward to the Beano , Dandy Topper and Beezer annuals unless my memory is playing tricks on me
          Last edited by Zincubus; 17-03-2016, 23:42. Reason: ed

Comment

Re: 1970's Comic summer specials

While my parents had regular order for my Beano for a few years, I only remember getting a Summer Special once.

I remember it didn't seem to offer much more than a regular issue, apart from the novelty of being summer themed & printed in full colour when only a few pages were normally.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X