Milkmen/women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Milkmen/women

We had this delivered with our milk when I were a lad!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

My mother still has her milk delivered. The same milk man makes a delivery where I work. Does anybody remember the electric milk floats? The Co-op used to use them. The milk man delivering milk to my grandmother used to drive one.
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Where my parents live it's too hilly to be able to use electric milk floats.

I sometimes see one returning from a rounds when I'm at work, going too slow for the traffic.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mostly Transit & LDV flat beds when as when a milkmen retires rounds are broken up and added to other rounds as nobody wants to be a milkman
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Of Course milk floats ........great ! unless the battery was discharging too fast and running out of 'steam'.

I once got a lift to a job interview in a milk float on an industrial estate
            and another firm used to have one to transport equipment between its local sites.

You can see one in 'open all hours' - Granvilles love interest, the milk lady

Comment

Wowwww that's a good idea Zabadak I'll email Dairy Crest & suggest it to them
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Michael Caine bums a lift on a float in The Italian Job (I think it's going along London Wall at the time) - not a lot of people know that...

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  Michael Caine bums a lift on a float in The Italian Job (I think it's going along London Wall at the time) - not a lot of people know that...
                  I do :d

When Michael Cain's character goes to Benny Hill's characters house to see him about hacking into Turin's traffic light system his Mum says he was caught in the lounge with net lol

"A net?" asks Michael Cain?"

Then Annette comes in with the tea trolley lol

Annete is huge & Benny Hill loves chubby women; more to cuddle
                  sigpic

Comment

Do you remember when he 'helps' the "Big Lady" onto the bus and nearly gets arrested

Comment

Yes Discoman lol
                      sigpic

Comment

I likes "BIG women".....that tickled old Ernie

Do you remember when the milkmen tried to sell bread as well as milk, juice, eggs,......why that never caught on I don't know....seems a GOOD idea now

Comment

...all as they needed was bacon, sausage and tomatoes

Comment

Full Monty!!!

Damn, now I'm hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                              I likes "BIG women".....that tickled old Ernie

Do you remember when the milkmen tried to sell bread as well as milk, juice, eggs,......why that never caught on I don't know....seems a GOOD idea now
                              Dairy Crest is called Milk & More now as they do sell more than milk nowadays, Fruit juice, biscuits, eggs etc. even compost = really just like the old days which is surprising really as milk used to be delivered to most houses on a street whereas now only a few on a street if at all

http://www.milkandmore.co.uk/home
                              sigpic

Comment

I can remember my milkmen selling bottles fizzy drinks around christmas time, not the old school glass ones but 2 litre plastic bottles.

Some friends mentioned their parents getting deliveries of fresh fruit & veg with thier milk.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X