• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vw k70

Who remembers the VW K70?

I believe it was the precursor to the VW Derby
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Vw k70

IIRC it was an NSU model that VW rebadged when they took over NSU in the late 1960s.

It was phased out after the first Passats came along.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Thanks Richard
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

The Volkswagen K70 was one of those cars you rarely saw in the UK even when they were new, although I had a Majorette toy version in Turquoise. I recall seeing one parked in the car park of a block of flats in Maidstone in the mid-80s when I was in a School Minibus going to the local swimming pool. The K70 was probably more often seen in continental Europe at the time.
        "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

There was an ESSO garage in Southport Merseyside (then Lancashire) in '70/'71 which was also a VW dealership & they had the K70 amongst other models for sale. They even had a cardboard cut-out of the K-70 for us kids.

Around the same time ESSO had a promotion on fuel sales where you could collect foil football team stickers which you stuck on a fold out FA card listing all the divisions and corresponding teams. Also around that time you could collect beer/wine glasses when 'putting a tiger in your tank' which was ESSO's slogan at the time. Connoco's Jet garages were giving out packs of Jet playing cards when you bought their petrol

Of course filling station freebies is a whole seperate thread on its own
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X