Retro Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Furniture

I Love the style of Retro 50,s or 60,s stuff,havent got anything at home but there is something more stylish and solid about chairs & sofas with chrome legs,the smeg fridges with the solid handle.

Bar stools in red surrounded by chrome

Re: Retro Furniture

Trim phones are cool as seen on Golden Shot. Bob Monkhouse would use one to talk to the contestants who phoned in to play
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Dr Who's Brigadier & Noel Edmunds when on Swap Show both often used trimphones.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I agree. I saw a fantastically stylish 50's dressing table in a charity shop the other week for only £40. If I'd had a way to transport it I would have bought it!
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I agree. I saw a fantastically stylish 50's dressing table in a charity shop the other week for only £40. If I'd had a way to transport it I would have bought it!
          They made things to last not your fall apart after 5 minutes its a shame you didnt have transport

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
            Some charity shops have a van to pick up donations so can deliver as well for a nominal charge Trickyvee

Does the charity shop you mentioned have a van?
            Last edited by Twocky61; 19-08-2014, 17:28. Reason: Missing 'Y'
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Comment

Mr Bean been to the sales

Comment

Retro style furniture is my father's favorite. I bought a new furniture last month but my dad didn't like it. If anyone have old style Retro in their home and want to replace it with new one then ping me here. I live it Michigan. Otherwise, if you people can suggest an online sale or discount coupons like patio products usa coupons on these type of furniture stores then let me know. Your recommendations needed!
                  Last edited by juliadavid; 31-12-2020, 05:25.

Comment

When I think of retro furniture, I always think of the very first Argos catalogue from 1973, or a trip to Cavendish Woodhouse.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I'd love one of those globe chairs on the pedestal that were plastic on the outside and upholstered inside and can swivel... even better; the ones with speakers inside the left and the right! I'd feel like I was living Space:1999!
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Retro designs within the international of furnishings are fantastically valued due to the fact they were nearly the forerunners of the whole thing that is presently produced. any new version it truly is provided these days is stimulated by using a few masterpiece that has already been offered inside the past, and this includes domestic, workplace, interior and outdoors fixtures, not unusual regions, and so forth., and even some furniture (review whore) consisting of famous lamp designs. one of the retro developments that have prompted this industry the most, that bequeathed a number of the maximum identified and mythical names and that even today keeps to advantage followers and admirers is the mid-century present day style. models including isamu noguchi's coffee table, ray and charles eames' front room chair, finn juhl's sideboard, hans wegner's shell chair, or the arco lamp by means of the castiglioni brothers stay pretty prominent pieces via professional interior designers and normal users. more than fifty years after its appearance, modern day reproductions of these portions may be found at stores which includes dwr, manhattan home design, barcelona designs, amongst many others.

Comment

Working...
                        X