Sally James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally James

Sally James was the totty element on TISWAS hosted by Chris Tarrant. Whilst the kids watched TISWAS the Dad's watched with them to see Sally in her fish net stockings on which she would wear garters sent to her by sailors. Each garter carried the ships name of the sailors who sent them in

Lenny Henry started his career on TISWAS taking off newsreader Trevor McDonald and naturalist David Bellamy. Bob Carolgees & his dog Spit & cat Cough were regulars on the show.

Whilst TISWAS aired Saturday morning the BBC fought back with Noel Edmonds Swapshop. Similar to Blue Peter & Magpie, TISWAS & Swapshop catered for different kids: Swapshop/Blue Peter for the posher kids whereas TISWAS/Magoie was for the rougher kids. Which did you prefer? For me it was TISWAS & Magpie

10 points for anyone who knows what the acronym TISWAS abbreviates and also knows what was the late night adult sequal to TISWAS
    Last edited by Twocky61; 18-08-2014, 17:34.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sally James

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post

10 points for anyone who knows what the acronym TISWAS abbreviates and also knows what was the late night adult sequal to TISWAS
    Today is Saturday, Wear a Smile - there was probably a rude version as well....

Struggling a bit on the sequel - was it called OTT? (never saw it)

Comment

I thought it was Today is Saturday wake up and smile

Comment

Tiswas was my fav didnt like magpie swop shop was ok
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
          Sally James was the totty element on TISWAS hosted by Chris Tarrant. Whilst the kids watched TISWAS the Dad's watched with them to see Sally in her fish net stockings on which she would wear garters sent to her by sailors. Each garter carried the ships name of the sailors who sent them in

Lenny Henry started his career on TISWAS taking off newsreader Trevor McDonald and naturalist David Bellamy. Bob Carolgees & his dog Spit & cat Cough were regulars on the show.

Whilst TISWAS aired Saturday morning the BBC fought back with Noel Edmonds Swapshop. Similar to Blue Peter & Magpie, TISWAS & Swapshop catered for different kids: Swapshop/Blue Peter for the posher kids whereas TISWAS/Magoie was for the rougher kids. Which did you prefer? For me it was TISWAS & Magpie

Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

OTT was Over The Top the late night adult version

Today Is Saturday Watch And Smile ~~or~~ Today Is Saturday Wear A Smile ~~~or~~~ Today Is Saturday Wake-up And Smile

I think they all applied as they never said what it actually stood for
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
            X