The Legend of Boggy Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend of Boggy Creek

Does anybody remember this terrible Bigfoot movie that used to shown sometimes on BBC2 during the early 80's? It hasn't been on terrestrial television for a long long time. The movie is shot like a documentary to prove that a creature that lives in the swamps near the town of Fouke, Arkansas exists. There are interviews with residents in the town that claims to have seen the creature. There is also a reconstruction of the creature attacking a family in their remote home.

Being a growing boy when I first saw this movie, I actually thought it was a real documentary and the creature terrified me. My dad used to make things worse by saying that if I misbehaved the Boggy Creek monster would come and get me!! Years later when I sat down and watched it again, I realised how bad and poorly made this movie really was.

Re: The Legend of Boggy Creek

I remember that film. It scared the **** out of me when I was a kid.

Comment

Scared me silly when I saw in the 70's. Although a docudrama, it is based on actual 'sightings of the 'Fouke Monster', especially the attack on the mobile home.

Comment

I saw this in the late 70s. I too thought that this was a documentary at the time. It was scary and my friends and I talked about it for years to come. The scene in the cabin towards the end was terrifying.

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
          Being a growing boy when I first saw this movie, I actually thought it was a real documentary and the creature terrified me. My dad used to make things worse by saying that if I misbehaved the Boggy Creek monster would come and get me!!
          Maybe your Dad was right.

Wildman sightings in the UK
          https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...0.kkNNCv3-Ue_w

Comment

Never seen it myself.
            And theres a sequel return to boggy creek.

it is on yotube tho think both are.

Yes from what i remember it is almost documentary style.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Well, I thought it was broadcast in the late '70s but here's the listing from pages of Genome 1981;

Thursday
              17 December
              Monster Movie! The Legend of Boggy Creek
              A true story
              The Abominable Snowman, the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster -do they exist? In ' Boggy Creek', in the heart of Arkansas, there is another legendary creature - ' the Fouke Monster'. Tonight's feature film, shot on location, captures the mystery of the southern American swampland, and its famous, elusive monster.
              Screenplay and story by EARL E. SMITH
              Produced and directed by CHARLES B. PIERCE (First showing on British television)

That puts me at nine years old when I saw this movie, and it was shown at 6pm as well No wonder I had nightmares watching it!

Comment

Aha thanks Jason for the info. That must have been the time I first saw it so just before Xmas 1981. I was also 9 years old at the time.

Comment

Working...
                X