Ghost documentary 70's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost documentary 70's

Can anyone a programme that has been elusive to me since I have tried to track it down. It was shown when I was living in a house as a kid from 77-81 and I remember it absolutely scaring the bejesus out of me. For some reason it was shown in the middle of the afternoon and I'm inclined to say it was put on as a filler as Wimbledon was rained off but that could be completely wrong.

Basically there are lots of people telling anecdotes of seeing ghosts which were pretty scary but the one that really sticks in my mind is this - The programme makers go to an old mans house and he describes about finding some cat bones. These cat bones tell him that someone was killed or died in the house and he goes on to describe where the person died in the house.

I know it is completely vague and I've tried searching for this programme with no luck at all so I just hope this jogs someones memory. Thanks all.

Re: Ghost documentary 70's

Actually, having looked at the other thread called 'Ghost Hunters' I'm convinced its this but I cannot find the Cat bones scenes on youtube. At least I think I'm on the right track now.

Comment

I don't think Youtube has the 1970's Ghost Hunters documentary in full (the 2 clips available only run for 14 mins) so it could be that those scenes about the cat bones you're describing was on the rest of the programme.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabbso View Post
        Can anyone a programme that has been elusive to me since I have tried to track it down. It was shown when I was living in a house as a kid from 77-81 and I remember it absolutely scaring the bejesus out of me. For some reason it was shown in the middle of the afternoon and I'm inclined to say it was put on as a filler as Wimbledon was rained off but that could be completely wrong.

Basically there are lots of people telling anecdotes of seeing ghosts which were pretty scary but the one that really sticks in my mind is this - The programme makers go to an old mans house and he describes about finding some cat bones. These cat bones tell him that someone was killed or died in the house and he goes on to describe where the person died in the house.

I know it is completely vague and I've tried searching for this programme with no luck at all so I just hope this jogs someones memory. Thanks all.
        Im not sure about the cat bones...but it could be the same documentary which had an episode about poltergiests and there were real photos of kids being pushed up into the air off their beds. Also spontaneous combustion.That was scary to me. I know that there was a series called "Mysteries of the Unexplained" which wasn't specifically about ghosts but everything,ghosts, UFOs etc, introduced by that old guy with a kind of Devonshire/somerset/dorset accent but lived in Sri Lanka. Forgotten his name now. Will let you know what I find.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Sarada, that could be a possibility.

I've searched high and low for the full version of 'Ghost Hunters' to no avail. So annoying because knowing one way or another would either finish the search or I'd just move on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarada View Post
            Im not sure about the cat bones...but it could be the same documentary which had an episode about poltergiests and there were real photos of kids being pushed up into the air off their beds. Also spontaneous combustion.That was scary to me. I know that there was a series called "Mysteries of the Unexplained" which wasn't specifically about ghosts but everything,ghosts, UFOs etc, introduced by that old guy with a kind of Devonshire/somerset/dorset accent but lived in Sri Lanka. Forgotten his name now. Will let you know what I find.
            Sounds like Arthur C Clarke
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The description above of kids being pushed into the air off their beds sounds like a description of the famous Enfield Poltergeist case. Could the video below be what you're referring to?

Comment

Thanks for the reply akb48fab, it was a fascinating watch but alas no not the scene I remembered.

The search continues........

Comment

ghost hunters?the only ghost hunters i know is the american tv series that really used to show last yearbut that was id say from the last decade-great subject though-im a true believer in all things paranormalforget this,just watch an episode of 'dark towers' from the 80s and that will be enough to scare you

Comment

Happy Halloween

I too remembered watching this, as you say it must have been around '77/'78. What really scared me as a child was the item on Borley rectory. I was reminded of it during the early 90s when a clip was shown on Danny Bakers chat show (forget the name, but it used to be on a Saturday night).

Anyway, for a long time now I've been trying to collect a lot of stuff I remembered from my childhood, most of which freaked me out at the time! Most of it has now been released on DVD. Stuff like 'The Changes', 'Sky', 'Children of the Stones' and 'In Search of' (see my thread here; https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...ary+70s+search), but this documentary always remained elusive.

However, sometime ago I did manage to acquire a copy. Unfortunately, and I'm not sure if this was done on purpose, it was missing the last five minutes or so. Annoying at the time, but I have now managed to edit together a complete copy of the documentary using the footage mentioned above on youtube. It took a bit of fiddling with, adjusting the aspect ratio and such, but I have now uploaded the video to youtube. And Jabbso, it does include the'cat bones' scene you remembered

http://youtu.be/iGNJa9-1vo4

Enjoy. Oh, and don't have nightmares

Comment

This is amazing! Completely wasn't expecting anyone to have the full episode and its amazing to watch again.

I just knew this was the program I remembered!

Thanks so much for uploading and on halloween as well, just fantastic!

Comment

I don't have the patience to watch the whole thing. Where in the video is the cat bones thing?

Comment

Working...
                        X