Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herbs & Spices

What herbs & spices did you use in cooking

Mint grown from the garden was used mostly to make mint sauce with lamb.I cant remember my parents using anything else compared to now.We didnt have a spice rack.

Now we have spices & herbs in jars,we use rosemary,basil,oregano,nutmeg,mint,cinammon,ginger love the smell of spices

Re: Herbs & Spices

I do like to to sprinkle a generous amount of piri piri powder whenever I cook some salmon and then add some balsamic vinegar to really open up the flavour of the fish.

Comment

My Mum has a lot of herbs & spices, she managed to full a whole spice rack & twice when the kitchen has been refitted she has had one built into the units.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
        I do like to to sprinkle a generous amount of piri piri powder whenever I cook some salmon and then add some balsamic vinegar to really open up the flavour of the fish.
        We add balsamic to gravy more tasty
        When I have porridge my topping is cinammon

Comment

A lot of ginger in things like baked beans, mashed potatoes etc and cinnamon in rice pudding
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

not really a big user of herbs and spices as im not a cooking burn everything lol

only really use pepper is it a herb or spice.

i add stuff to food like an odd bit of brown sauce but thats really it oh and vinegar but are they herbs and spices.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Fresh Mint in a tea pot makes a refreshing cuppa,a nice detox

Comment

Mum never brought many spices. We had the usual Pepper and nutmeg in the cupboard. Fresh mint used to grow wild in the garden but I think the cats got to it before we did. Occasionally if mum was feeling adventurous she would buy in some curry powder. Cloves were always kept in case of tooth ache. I cannot think of anything else. If you rummage through their cupboards today you will find even less.

I quite fancy some mint tea right now

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                  Mum never brought many spices. We had the usual Pepper and nutmeg in the cupboard. Fresh mint used to grow wild in the garden but I think the cats got to it before we did. Occasionally if mum was feeling adventurous she would buy in some curry powder. Cloves were always kept in case of tooth ache. I cannot think of anything else. If you rummage through their cupboards today you will find even less.

I quite fancy some mint tea right now
                  Yes mint tea is lovely especially sitting outside in the garden with this warm spell we are having

We bought a pack of cloves last xmas to make our own mulled wine it was much better tasting by buying bottles of mulled wine.

Comment

Tarragon smells and tastes nice can add it to chicken

Comment

tried it myself once or twice i must agree mate.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                      Fresh Mint in a tea pot makes a refreshing cuppa,a nice detox
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        tried it myself once or twice i must agree mate.
                        The smell of the mint when you pour the tea into a cup is so devine

Rosemary is lovely too when added to lamb

Comment

Turmeric is supposedly good for dementia

Comment

Working...
                          X