Garden Ponds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Ponds

Anyone got a garden pond I havent but would like one if we had the room,also to attract the wildlife

Re: Garden Ponds

I have known several people with ponds. Terry a few doors down had a concrete oriental looking set of ponds with some great looking fish in them till last year. Eventually they sprung a leek so he filled them in. Our garden was always full of frogs and newts because of it. Made it difficult to cut the grass at certain times of the year. We done a newt hunt one year before we cut the grass but gave up when we reached high double figures. Some were tiny baby newts. So cute. He even attracted the odd heron and kingfisher. The heron used to land on his roof, stand there for a while then slowly sneak down to the pond, lol. Another friend had a wild life garden with a pond and bog garden to the side. This was a fantastic garden to look at when it was in full flower. Flowers were all wild ones and the pond had natural weathered stone and wood sculptures around it. Again it got filled in as he has trouble with mosquito and other insect bites. Removing the pond really ripped the heart of his garden out. It was such a fantastic feature. I know a couple of other people with ponds but they seem to be added to the garden as an afterthought and don't seem to work very well at all.

Comment

Oh its sound so nice all the wildlife around,we get the odd baby frog come in and dragon flies due to the nature reserve close by.The neighbour has a pond but we havent seen it though.We have 2 bird feeds with seeds we get mostly sparrows in but the robin shows himself or her sometimes as well as the blue ****

Comment

I dont have a garden pond would love one love widlife im same as u mate got bird feeders got a right collection of birds now goldfinch blue great long coal **** bullfinch show now and again but the squirel keeps turning up and destroying my feeders
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I put fat balls out 2 years ago and of course a squirrel turned up and scared off the little birds.It took them at least a week to return so never again

Comment

Pain once they start coming when get home from work i can tell either the wood pigeons or squirel has been all corn over floor

Comment

We took kids to a pond it was great to see newts and pond life think ill have try start a pond up may be next year it was great to see all the different insects and pond life kids loved it

Comment

Working...
              X