places in th UK you would love to visit and why

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• places in th UK you would love to visit and why

Holy Island Lindisfarne because I used to love their music and to stay 1 night to cross the island watch the tide come in and watch the sun go down.

Re: places in th UK you would love to visit and why

I've visited most places in uk in my hitchiking days but one place would be Northern Ireland
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Portmeirion ( The Village in the TV series The Prisoner ). Got about 500 yards from it once then the axle on the car split in two so never made it. : (

Comment

Bath & Cambridge, both look nice but I've never been to them.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Blackpool -- The famous Tower and the Blackpool Pleasure Beach
          Colne, Lancashire -- Birthplace of Titanic bandleader Wallace Hartley and its well-preserved Edwardian appearance
          Dudley, West Midlands -- The Black Country Museum
          Haye-on-Wye -- Its many bookshops
          Morecambe -- There's no answer to that (I'd love to see the statue of Eric)
          Portsmouth -- HMS Victory
          Rye, East Sussex -- Its well-preserved 18th century appearance
          York -- The National Railway Museum

Comment

I've never been to the South coast so I'd like to visit. Devon and Cornwall look beautiful and I'd like to go to Brighton some time.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

I'm embarassed to say I haven't been to a lot of places in the UK to visit, always keep going abroad on holiday but I've begun to change my ways this year. Went and visited the great city of York in July and loved it. What a fantastic place and the people there were extremely friendly. So many things to see and so.

Next year I hope to visit Oxford for a couple of days around Easter for the universities and a Harry Potter tour, Bath in the summer to see the museums and it's a good gateway to visit Wiltshire and Stonehenge etc and maybe Cardiff during the Autumn to see the various sights in the city and visit the many castles in the area. It'll be easy for me to take a trip to see Tintern Abbey as well (somewhere I've wanted to see for such a long time).

Comment

Speaking of Stonehenge akb48fan, I have a tale to tell about that of which I am not too proud. A few friends and I rode down there from Blackpool on our motorbikes to see it many years ago. You can see the monument quite well from the public road, but you can also pay to get in much closer and have a good close up view. It was £2.50 at the time. Well we decided £2.50 was too much to see one of the world's greatest monuments up close, then promptly went and without hesitation spent £5 each in the KFC on the opposite side of the road !! Talk about getting your priorities wrong !! How shameful is that lol ?

Comment

That's a great story Cooldeepblue. It made me smile. I don't blame you guys - you were hungry after a long trip down on your bikes!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                    Portmeirion ( The Village in the TV series The Prisoner ). Got about 500 yards from it once then the axle on the car split in two so never made it. : (

oh yes would like to visit

Cotswold
                    Newcastle upon tyne because of Auf weidersen pet
                    Fort William on a steam train
                    HMS victory Portsmouth dockland
                    New Forest

Comment

Been to Shrewsbury stayed 1 night lovely place for mini break,if you like York then you would love shrewsbury similar old buildings,castle,cathedral,churches,museum,bridges ,river and boat cruises,parks.

There is a Percy Thrower late gardener memorial statue in dingle floral and fountain park it was beautiful and peaceful.Percy would be proud.

We went to Lilys tea garden not far from railway station by river, for pot of tea and lunch it was lovely sitting outside anyone thinking of visiting Shrewsbury then pop into Lilys only open march to end of sept.
                      Shut up for winter cause the river levels rise

Comment

Would love to visit the street shop where open all hours and still open all hrs is filmed.

im pretty sure its the same e
                        xact shop and street for both.

Thnx george for reminding me of this thread.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I’m told that a few days In Edinburgh is a must !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Would love to visit the street shop where open all hours and still open all hrs is filmed.

Watched a programme recently which saw David jason revisit the arkwrights shop, it's now a barbers shop or hairdressers if i'm not mistaken, don't believe it was ever a grocers
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUf-BPFNb98
                              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                              X