Schools ad Colleges Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools ad Colleges Programs

What was it that was so good about these countdown clocks that came on while you were waiting for 'Word and Pictures' or something:

They were so austere.

I'm sure I stared at the screen waiting for them to count down... they were like lava lamps or something - creepy I guess.

Anyone else remember getting brainwashed by these things?! - if you didn't, maybe that's because of how well they worked....

Re: Schools ad Colleges Programs

Ah Yes, I used to stare at the little dots disappearing one by one as if by magic. At school we then used to count down out load when we got to the last 10 seconds before a program came on. That clock is still heavily engraved into my memory after all these years.

Comment

I used to think the dots were grains of rice or teeth for some reason!

Look Around You used almost the same clock at the start of the 1st series shows.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Never liked it because it meant it was usually followed by this creepy music !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTsnSg-MS4
        Last edited by Cooldeepblue; 14-09-2014, 22:23.

Comment

A bit like the clock on Channel 4's Countdown "baloop baloop baloopatyboop!"
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember the Channel 4 one had that "good for the day" CGI silver & rainbow logo.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
              Never liked it because it meant it was usually followed by this creepy music !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVTsnSg-MS4
              Yep that was pretty creepy!

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                What was it that was so good about these countdown clocks that came on while you were waiting for 'Word and Pictures' or something:

They were so austere.

I'm sure I stared at the screen waiting for them to count down... they were like lava lamps or something - creepy I guess.

Anyone else remember getting brainwashed by these things?! - if you didn't, maybe that's because of how well they worked....
                Anyone remember the old black & white BBC "pie chart" style clocks from the late 1960s?

Comment

Working...
                X