Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Default Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is of a later era than normally discussed on here, however this has driven me nuts for yonks now, around the very late 90's - mid 2000's if i remember correctly, there was a documentary of a saturday afternoon on channel 5, it was about a school in or around manchester (again if remembered correctly), it was about a group of kids at the school, you had the bully (think his name was wayne, had a boss eye?) and other standard kids. Was very amusing, does anyone remember this?

In the past I've even emailed channel 5 and they have said they had no clue what I was on about!

Cheers!

Default Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Yeah I remember it and have searched for it but haven't found too much online about it.

I believe it was literally called 'School' but I could be wrong. Was a great fly on the wall programme.

Blimey, it appears that I actually made a thread of the very same subject a while ago

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...turing-schools

Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by fitpecs View Post
    Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!
    Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!

Quote Originally Posted by p1980 View Post
    Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!
    Me too p1980. Ity is strange as I am 1000% that "School" was it's title name and that because of that it stuck out as too it did with it being one of the very first (to me and may-be others possibly too) Fly On The Wall Documentary's known on TV at that time!! I sure wish I could find out more about it, mind!

The only other re-collection I have was it was a Manchester/Stockport School no doubts!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by fitpecs View Post
    Here, here! I loved it too and had it on tape and lost the tapes through mold or old age of them/or them being being used again
    80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by p1980 View Post
    Hi guys,

Apologies if this is of a later era than normally discussed on here, however this has driven me nuts for yonks now, around the very late 90's - mid 2000's if i remember correctly, there was a documentary of a saturday afternoon on channel 5, it was about a school in or around manchester (again if remembered correctly), it was about a group of kids at the school, you had the bully (think his name was wayne, had a boss eye?) and other standard kids. Was very amusing, does anyone remember this?

In the past I've even emailed channel 5 and they have said they had no clue what I was on about!

Cheers!
    https://www.tes.com/news/tes-archive.../lights-camera

I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School". I think there was an episode where they talked about human reproduction, and the pupils referred to a certain bodily fluid as "something- juice".

On the other hand, there was a Sunday evening 7.00 pm from around the same time, just before Coronation Street (when it was on Sundays) programme called "School Days", made by LWT - ironic that a weekend only company would make a series on something that would only be open happen on Monday to Fridays, but then again, they did made Please Sir! some 30 years earlier...

I saw the final episode of "School Days", and I remember seeing a late-night repeat, it showed the very last day of school (the sixth form excepted) for some Year 11s in the hall. Because it was repeated circa midnight it allowed them to show a teacher, when quoting a tribute in the hall, using a swear word. This followed by applause and the "ink stains on shirts" thing afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School".
    thanks for the Heads Up here George - I had really got round to dreaming that I had dreamt this programme existed - though a few other members have mentioned it too

If only more in-sight could be gained/gleamed on it with an official title - that would be ace! I am still unsure though if it was on C4 or 5 and about what year it was too sadlly too

80sChav