Thread: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Default Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is of a later era than normally discussed on here, however this has driven me nuts for yonks now, around the very late 90's - mid 2000's if i remember correctly, there was a documentary of a saturday afternoon on channel 5, it was about a school in or around manchester (again if remembered correctly), it was about a group of kids at the school, you had the bully (think his name was wayne, had a boss eye?) and other standard kids. Was very amusing, does anyone remember this?

In the past I've even emailed channel 5 and they have said they had no clue what I was on about!

Cheers!

Default Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Yeah I remember it and have searched for it but haven't found too much online about it.

I believe it was literally called 'School' but I could be wrong. Was a great fly on the wall programme.

Blimey, it appears that I actually made a thread of the very same subject a while ago

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...turing-schools

Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by fitpecs View Post
    Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!
    Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!

Quote Originally Posted by p1980 View Post
    Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!
    Me too p1980. Ity is strange as I am 1000% that "School" was it's title name and that because of that it stuck out as too it did with it being one of the very first (to me and may-be others possibly too) Fly On The Wall Documentary's known on TV at that time!! I sure wish I could find out more about it, mind!

The only other re-collection I have was it was a Manchester/Stockport School no doubts!!

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by fitpecs View Post
    Here, here! I loved it too and had it on tape and lost the tapes through mold or old age of them/or them being being used again
    80sChav