Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Originally posted by Starfish121 View Post
    I remember it and I think it was on Channel 5. Me and my Sister used to love watching it as the school was so rough and the pupils were really naughty. I emailed Channel 5 years ago asking if they would bring it back but they said they had no plans to. The school where it was filmed was 'Audenshaw School' which is where Mick Hucknall attended. I am sure he was on one of the episodes. I wish I could find it online.
    It was "Flky On The Wall" based in a real School Staffslad - not made up, and filmed at Mick's old School - it was a real School based on real life - though some of it easily could have as it was "past rough" I agree mate!

Anyway thankfully EmmyJ has helped us all out above and given confirmation and even a name - which is enough to know I never dreamt this show up and makes me well pleased about the whole matter!

80sChav

Comment

Yes i definitely remember this tv doc was called ‘School’ .
      100% on channel 5 late 90’s early 00’s
      I am somewhat intrigued as to why channel 5 claim to have no knowledge of this.

Comment

Originally posted by C1984 View Post
        Yes i definitely remember this tv doc was called ‘School’ .
        100% on channel 5 late 90’s early 00’s
        I am somewhat intrigued as to why channel 5 claim to have no knowledge of this.
        If it was C5 asat times I sensed it was C4, but as you say C1984 it is strange nobody recalls it/remembers it from "the powers that be"!!

What an ace "Fly On The wall" it was though - this gave new meaning to the new idea of "Fly On The wall" and created the whole concept of the shows and is the "Daddy of them all" Imho I feel

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Starfish121 View Post
          I remember it and I think it was on Channel 5. Me and my Sister used to love watching it as the school was so rough and the pupils were really naughty. I emailed Channel 5 years ago asking if they would bring it back but they said they had no plans to. The school where it was filmed was 'Audenshaw School' which is where Mick Hucknall attended. I am sure he was on one of the episodes. I wish I could find it online.
          Naughty don't begin to describe them I think

My fave was that lad with the Spikey Hair - but all those who did their ties thin was cool too mind

80sChav

Comment

Yes, it was called School and revolved around egerton park arts college. Definitely on channel 5.

Comment

[QUOTE=80sChav;n225136]Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Which guy was Pickle - as I can't remember as it is so long back as even if I could find it on old Video Tapes - 50% of mine died through Mould infection - but it is just one of those things you recall (though you can'). I thought the guy who was fairly tall (dunno if he was Pickle) and had Ginger/Fare Hair and often acted up was the copol-eest!

Pickle was in the choir and was a goody 2 shoes, I think the one the thinking of is Bram, spikey hair and bright orange jumper when not in school.

Comment

My friend has just found this forum, I was actually at that School when they filmed it, this forum has done a little round in a group chat I am in. It is Definitely called School, it filmed the last year at Edgy Park, and yes we were naughty haha. I am in a couple of episodes but tried to stay clear from the cameras.

Pickle was the lad who was in the choir, Bram did dye his hair ginger for a bit, there was Shaun who was the chavvy lad who did work experience at McDonalds.

Comment

It was 20 years ago and it is funny to think that some people outside of Denton actually watched it

Comment

Funny, I was thinking about this show recently and how hard it is to find details on it.

I have an episode or two on VHS, I'll have to see if I can digitise them and get them uploaded!

Comment

School!!! This show was awesome and yes it was Edgy Park in Denton, Manchester. Bram is my uncle! I remember being at my grandparents house when the film crew were in filming Bram, I remember Ste coming to the house all the time too. I wish we had these tapes still

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L473...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I just saw this after 7 years since i made the OP, cannot believe it's been answered and glad i wasn't alone!! Cheers all!

Comment

Vimeo.com/showcase/6550547
                            password: egerton2001
                            All episodes on here

Comment

Working...
                            X