Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Default Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

There was a BBC 2 documentary called School as well. With such a common one word title, it makes it almost impossible to look for it on the Genome on in old TV listings.

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School".

I saw the final episode of "School Days", and I remember seeing a late-night repeat, it showed the very last day of school (the sixth form excepted) for some Year 11s in the hall. Because it was repeated circa midnight it allowed them to show a teacher, when quoting a tribute in the hall, using a swear word. This followed by applause and the "ink stains on shirts" thing afterwards.
    I so wish I find this Series George -ity sure was a foreunner to "Educating Cardiff" etc

Though given it's name - very little chance of finding it exists I think/believe

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by 80sChav View Post
    I so wish I find this Series George -ity sure was a foreunner to "Educating Cardiff" etc

Though given it's name - very little chance of finding it exists I think/believe

80sChav
    I remember it and I think it was on Channel 5. Me and my Sister used to love watching it as the school was so rough and the pupils were really naughty. I emailed Channel 5 years ago asking if they would bring it back but they said they had no plans to. The school where it was filmed was 'Audenshaw School' which is where Mick Hucknall attended. I am sure he was on one of the episodes. I wish I could find it online.

Hi Guys,

the program was called "School", the School itself was Egerton Park High School, Denton. one of the lads on it was call Pickle.
    I only know this as he visited Hyde Clarendon 6th form and they filmed it and I was stood near him while they filmed it - I also dated him when we got to college (didn't last - but that isn't really relevant lol).
    Egerton Park has been totally transformed in the last few years to Denton Community College. building knocked down and a brand new one went up in its place.
    Hope this helps.

Emmy

Quote Originally Posted by EmmyL View Post
    Hi Guys,

the program was called "School", the School itself was Egerton Park High School, Denton. one of the lads on it was call Pickle.
    I only know this as he visited Hyde Clarendon 6th form and they filmed it and I was stood near him while they filmed it - I also dated him when we got to college (didn't last - but that isn't really relevant lol).
    Egerton Park has been totally transformed in the last few years to Denton Community College. building knocked down and a brand new one went up in its place.
    Hope this helps.

Emmy
    Thanks ever so much for Emmy for this great infomation - it sure has put my mind at ease and too many other members who have been involved in this thread too. I knew I could not have dreamed it but I also gussed "well how can it not have existed" (thinking it had'nt)

To be frank this was a bit of a "Whirlwid time" in my life and it was the one thing that occupied many a dull Summer of no Footy the Summer it was on. Amazingly I am amazed as though, yer it "was Fly On The Wall" but also novel as "Fly's" was at that time - that there is no reference on Imdb - though as I say granted it was reality TV (of sorts), but other reality is on there - I am certain lol

Which guy was Pickle - as I can't remember as it is so long back as even if I could find it on old Video Tapes - 50% of mine died through Mould infection - but it is just one of those things you recall (though you can'). I thought the guy who was fairly tall (dunno if he was Pickle) and had Ginger/Fare Hair and often acted up was the copol-eest!

It'd be ace if your mate Pickle was to post on here ( .... am only half serious) but to many not just on DYR this was our first experience of "Reality telly" (though yer there had often been Car Chases on Police "Flys") but a School was novel in the extreme as an idea and add that to it was way, way before we got reality of any variation and this just adds to the memories. I recall they had Green ties (but bet they are clip-on now lol) and that a fair few wore them the thin side-out too, but thankfully none got busted for it (as far as I know)
    80sChav

Again thanks Emmy and hope you post on here re; other threads too - as we are a cool bunch on here, and sorry I have taken a week to reply to this thread (but yer if u can get pickle on do!!) lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish121 View Post
    I remember it and I think it was on Channel 5. Me and my Sister used to love watching it as the school was so rough and the pupils were really naughty. I emailed Channel 5 years ago asking if they would bring it back but they said they had no plans to. The school where it was filmed was 'Audenshaw School' which is where Mick Hucknall attended. I am sure he was on one of the episodes. I wish I could find it online.
    It was "Flky On The Wall" based in a real School Staffslad - not made up, and filmed at Mick's old School - it was a real School based on real life - though some of it easily could have as it was "past rough" I agree mate!

Anyway thankfully EmmyJ has helped us all out above and given confirmation and even a name - which is enough to know I never dreamt this show up and makes me well pleased about the whole matter!

80sChav

Yes i definitely remember this tv doc was called ‘School’ .
    100% on channel 5 late 90’s early 00’s
    I am somewhat intrigued as to why channel 5 claim to have no knowledge of this.

Quote Originally Posted by C1984 View Post
    Yes i definitely remember this tv doc was called ‘School’ .
    100% on channel 5 late 90’s early 00’s
    I am somewhat intrigued as to why channel 5 claim to have no knowledge of this.
    If it was C5 asat times I sensed it was C4, but as you say C1984 it is strange nobody recalls it/remembers it from "the powers that be"!!

What an ace "Fly On The wall" it was though - this gave new meaning to the new idea of "Fly On The wall" and created the whole concept of the shows and is the "Daddy of them all" Imho I feel

80sChav

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish121 View Post
    Naughty don't begin to describe them I think

My fave was that lad with the Spikey Hair - but all those who did their ties thin was cool too mind

80sChav