Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is of a later era than normally discussed on here, however this has driven me nuts for yonks now, around the very late 90's - mid 2000's if i remember correctly, there was a documentary of a saturday afternoon on channel 5, it was about a school in or around manchester (again if remembered correctly), it was about a group of kids at the school, you had the bully (think his name was wayne, had a boss eye?) and other standard kids. Was very amusing, does anyone remember this?

In the past I've even emailed channel 5 and they have said they had no clue what I was on about!

Cheers!

Re: Late 90' / Early 2000's Channel 5 Sat PM School Documentary?

Yeah I remember it and have searched for it but haven't found too much online about it.

I believe it was literally called 'School' but I could be wrong. Was a great fly on the wall programme.

Comment

Blimey, it appears that I actually made a thread of the very same subject a while ago

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...turing-schools

Comment

Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by fitpecs View Post
          Hey, I've been looking online for years for this show. It was just called School. I had a few episodes on tape and loved watching it. Sadly I don't have the tapes anymore. Can't believe there is next to nothing about it anywhere!
          Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!

Comment

Originally posted by p1980 View Post
            Just seen these replies, cant find ANYTHING online about a programme just called school, so annoying!! Could've sworn it was on channel 5!
            Me too p1980. Ity is strange as I am 1000% that "School" was it's title name and that because of that it stuck out as too it did with it being one of the very first (to me and may-be others possibly too) Fly On The Wall Documentary's known on TV at that time!! I sure wish I could find out more about it, mind!

The only other re-collection I have was it was a Manchester/Stockport School no doubts!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by fitpecs View Post
              Here, here! I loved it too and had it on tape and lost the tapes through mold or old age of them/or them being being used again
              80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by p1980 View Post
                Hi guys,

Apologies if this is of a later era than normally discussed on here, however this has driven me nuts for yonks now, around the very late 90's - mid 2000's if i remember correctly, there was a documentary of a saturday afternoon on channel 5, it was about a school in or around manchester (again if remembered correctly), it was about a group of kids at the school, you had the bully (think his name was wayne, had a boss eye?) and other standard kids. Was very amusing, does anyone remember this?

In the past I've even emailed channel 5 and they have said they had no clue what I was on about!

Cheers!
                https://www.tes.com/news/tes-archive.../lights-camera

Comment

I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School". I think there was an episode where they talked about human reproduction, and the pupils referred to a certain bodily fluid as "something- juice".

On the other hand, there was a Sunday evening 7.00 pm from around the same time, just before Coronation Street (when it was on Sundays) programme called "School Days", made by LWT - ironic that a weekend only company would make a series on something that would only be open happen on Monday to Fridays, but then again, they did made Please Sir! some 30 years earlier...

I saw the final episode of "School Days", and I remember seeing a late-night repeat, it showed the very last day of school (the sixth form excepted) for some Year 11s in the hall. Because it was repeated circa midnight it allowed them to show a teacher, when quoting a tribute in the hall, using a swear word. This followed by applause and the "ink stains on shirts" thing afterwards.
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School".
                    thanks for the Heads Up here George - I had really got round to dreaming that I had dreamt this programme existed - though a few other members have mentioned it too

If only more in-sight could be gained/gleamed on it with an official title - that would be ace! I am still unsure though if it was on C4 or 5 and about what year it was too sadlly too

80sChav

Comment

There was a BBC 2 documentary called School as well. With such a common one word title, it makes it almost impossible to look for it on the Genome on in old TV listings.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        I vaguely remember it - it might have been called "School".

I saw the final episode of "School Days", and I remember seeing a late-night repeat, it showed the very last day of school (the sixth form excepted) for some Year 11s in the hall. Because it was repeated circa midnight it allowed them to show a teacher, when quoting a tribute in the hall, using a swear word. This followed by applause and the "ink stains on shirts" thing afterwards.
                        I so wish I find this Series George -ity sure was a foreunner to "Educating Cardiff" etc

Though given it's name - very little chance of finding it exists I think/believe

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                          I so wish I find this Series George -ity sure was a foreunner to "Educating Cardiff" etc

Though given it's name - very little chance of finding it exists I think/believe

80sChav
                          I remember it and I think it was on Channel 5. Me and my Sister used to love watching it as the school was so rough and the pupils were really naughty. I emailed Channel 5 years ago asking if they would bring it back but they said they had no plans to. The school where it was filmed was 'Audenshaw School' which is where Mick Hucknall attended. I am sure he was on one of the episodes. I wish I could find it online.

Comment

Hi Guys,

the program was called "School", the School itself was Egerton Park High School, Denton. one of the lads on it was call Pickle.
                            I only know this as he visited Hyde Clarendon 6th form and they filmed it and I was stood near him while they filmed it - I also dated him when we got to college (didn't last - but that isn't really relevant lol).
                            Egerton Park has been totally transformed in the last few years to Denton Community College. building knocked down and a brand new one went up in its place.
                            Hope this helps.

Emmy

Comment

Originally posted by EmmyL View Post
                              Hi Guys,

the program was called "School", the School itself was Egerton Park High School, Denton. one of the lads on it was call Pickle.
                              I only know this as he visited Hyde Clarendon 6th form and they filmed it and I was stood near him while they filmed it - I also dated him when we got to college (didn't last - but that isn't really relevant lol).
                              Egerton Park has been totally transformed in the last few years to Denton Community College. building knocked down and a brand new one went up in its place.
                              Hope this helps.

Emmy
                              Thanks ever so much for Emmy for this great infomation - it sure has put my mind at ease and too many other members who have been involved in this thread too. I knew I could not have dreamed it but I also gussed "well how can it not have existed" (thinking it had'nt)

To be frank this was a bit of a "Whirlwid time" in my life and it was the one thing that occupied many a dull Summer of no Footy the Summer it was on. Amazingly I am amazed as though, yer it "was Fly On The Wall" but also novel as "Fly's" was at that time - that there is no reference on Imdb - though as I say granted it was reality TV (of sorts), but other reality is on there - I am certain lol

Which guy was Pickle - as I can't remember as it is so long back as even if I could find it on old Video Tapes - 50% of mine died through Mould infection - but it is just one of those things you recall (though you can'). I thought the guy who was fairly tall (dunno if he was Pickle) and had Ginger/Fare Hair and often acted up was the copol-eest!

It'd be ace if your mate Pickle was to post on here ( .... am only half serious) but to many not just on DYR this was our first experience of "Reality telly" (though yer there had often been Car Chases on Police "Flys") but a School was novel in the extreme as an idea and add that to it was way, way before we got reality of any variation and this just adds to the memories. I recall they had Green ties (but bet they are clip-on now lol) and that a fair few wore them the thin side-out too, but thankfully none got busted for it (as far as I know)
                              80sChav

Again thanks Emmy and hope you post on here re; other threads too - as we are a cool bunch on here, and sorry I have taken a week to reply to this thread (but yer if u can get pickle on do!!) lol!!

Comment

Working...
                              X