"private message" emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "private message" emails

dont know if this is the right part of the forum to mention this but ive recieved a couple emails in the last week which pretend to be personal messages from members of the forum but are infact spam/phishing emails with links to websites to spy on people via your mobile phone . has the server been hacked and someones got all our information or is it a member spamming me

Re: "private message" emails

It'll be a spambot signing up and spamming members. If you get one please don't click on any links and report so we can we remove them from the site. Thanks
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

i got one from piasenbi saying how i could spy on anyone thru a mobile phone...

why would i want to do it.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I recieved one from Plasenbi too with same link
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

so did i

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Yep looks like they made their way through the whole members list in the night, they were banned early this morning but unfortunately unlike forum posts PM' s dont vanish with them!!
              Heather

Comment

I got one too, but deleted it right away.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

glad there gone now i just wonder if u clicked on the link would it work not that ill be trying.

why would anybody waste there time doing it makes no sense.

i bet its a trick to get certain info any info they want on us.

Comment

I got one in my e-mail box as well. Not looked at it. Deleted.

Comment

I also got one and deleted it, havent scammers got anything better to do than annoy people what goes around comes around I say

Comment

i got one too - spam emailers are a niusance to all

Comment

we got it very bad last christmas past every thread was spammed hundreds of spam posts.

strange how some of us got a message via email some via pm.
                          such a waste of time and energy people doing these things.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            we got it very bad last christmas past every thread was spammed hundreds of spam posts.

strange how some of us got a message via email some via pm.
                            such a waste of time and energy people doing these things.
                            Maybe one day some one will teach them a lesson see how they will like it

Comment

It happens every single year from about October until just after Christmas. Every place gets spammy as hell unless there's a lot of up to date things to prevent them from signing up.

Comment

Working...
                              X