This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website update

Many of you will have notice that we recently launched an updated version of the main www.DoYouRemember.co.uk website which has been completely rebuilt and features a brand new design. We're hoping to roll out some exciting new features in the coming weeks and months and want to hear your thoughts and suggestions for ways to improve the site.

What cool new features could we add? How could we make the site easier or more fun to use? What do you find annoying about the site? Let us know below and we'll collate all the suggestions and pick the best ideas to pass on to our web developers!
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Website update

id like to see a new colour colours or a range of different ones say black with the text being a bright white.

or u have the option to choose from making the text any colour u want same with the sites main colour which is orange.

ive bad eysight so the black backround with white text what i mean is being able to type in white on a black backround.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I agree with Darren new colours to jazz it up

How about adding a section of the swinging sixties

Comment

Originally posted by jons
        Does the forum have a thread replied to notification ? I have not noticed it.
        When you're writing a message, scroll down and you'll see a box called 'Subscription' you can use this to be notified of any updates to a message thread

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          I agree with Darren new colours to jazz it up

How about adding a section of the swinging sixties
          I've spoken to a few people and they all agree that the site could use some more colour so this is now on our list of things to do! Thanks

Comment

Maybe you could have an interactive section, just small quizes where you identify pictures logo's for example screen stills of 70's-90's tv programmes, cartoons, adverts, food and drink logo's wrappers. Just to get folk involved.If you wanted to take it further, name the theme tune, snippets of songs ect.
            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
              Maybe you could have an interactive section, just small quizzes where you identify pictures logo's for example screen stills of 70's-90's tv programmes, cartoons, adverts, food and drink logo's wrappers. Just to get folk involved.If you wanted to take it further, name the theme tune, snippits of songs ect.

Some great ideas - thanks Heather. It's going to take a bit of work to get the quizzes together but I agree that would be great fun! Thanks again

Comment

Just one thing... (Pedant here!)
                Could you please amend the actual website title to, " DO YOU REMEMBER? The '70s,'80s and '90s?" The apostrophe after the digits is a possessive one, which is incorrect. The apostrophe serves to illustrate the missing digits, "19". Thank you.

Comment

any news on the new colours yet mate.

i know ur busy of course.
                  i think since i joined 54 months ago is been the same colours which aint good for my eyes but colours are just a bit too similar.

Comment

Originally posted by spillage66 View Post
                    Just one thing... (Pedant here!)
                    Could you please amend the actual website title to, " DO YOU REMEMBER? The '70s,'80s and '90s?" The apostrophe after the digits is a possessive one, which is incorrect. The apostrophe serves to illustrate the missing digits, "19". Thank you.
                    Good point - I'll get my web guys to change this when they're back from their Christmas holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      any news on the new colours yet mate.

i know ur busy of course.
                      i think since i joined 54 months ago is been the same colours which aint good for my eyes but colours are just a bit too similar.
                      We're focussing on updating the main website still at the moment but we're planning an update of the forum templates (and colours) in 2015. We'll be taking the legibility into consideration as well as the aesthetics.

Comment

Cheers for the reply mate.

Ur doing a reat job.
                        I know theres lots to be done.

Looking forward to the final result.

Originally posted by remember View Post
                        we're focussing on updating the main website still at the moment but we're planning an update of the forum templates (and colours) in 2015. We'll be taking the legibility into consideration as well as the aesthetics.

Comment

Great one! It's been amended. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                          X