Cold Calling scamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Calling scamming

Anybody getting cold phone calls could be from a call centre that wont take no for an answer,or scams with international coming up on your phone.

We have had cold calls this year started a few months ago.we dont answer but you know what their up to especially when the numbers they leave are odd could be 0000000000 or 7900999979 etc.

Reported this to BT they know about it with so many complaints coming in from customers,they also said it is being investicated,but they are not doing enough to put a stop to these gangs.

Change your number they said or buy a phone costing £35 to block out international calls.

Anyway we kept on ignoring them when they called,so they stopped

But this week now we have had it back again with a new gang or could be ppi etc call centre,

I watched rip off britain which is on this week on bbc1 where people have had the same problem where they keep on phoning you even when you tell them to stop.

It is annoying why this has to happen

Re: Cold Calling scamming

Well I have to be honest...I absolutely love getting these calls...can't get enough. Love stringing them along for ages, asking all sorts, getting them to repeat things endlessly lol. Telling them somebody is at the door can they hold the line, then I go and make a cuppa etc. When I get bored I tell them I never was interested and was wasting their time just to annoy them. They must put something on their system like " timewaster...do not ring " because they never ring again. I also love the scammers, especially the "engineers from Microsoft" who inform me I have a virus, check out You-Tube for " phone scammer owned " etc....hilarious stuff. Maybe I'm just evil lol.

Comment

I remember having one who tried to sell me a conservatory & wouldn't stop talking until I pointed out I was in a flat & they just hung up on me.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        I remember having one who tried to sell me a conservatory & wouldn't stop talking until I pointed out I was in a flat & they just hung up on me.
        Re the " Microsoft engineers " who tell me I have a virus in my Windows OS, I love to string them along for ages then finally tell them I have an Apple Mac ( which I don't ) therefore no Windows lol...that has a similar effect.

Comment

Another option is to say that all sales calls are being put through to a premium rate number as your time is valuable and their call will cost them £10 per minute...they soon hang up.

Comment

When we see a number we dont recognise we either ignore it or press green and red button straight away

Comment

Working...
            X