Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pot Noodles

Default Re: Pot Noodles

Funnily enough Pot Noodles are mentioned in the film Butterfly Kiss. Whilst her friend and the guy who gave them a lift are 'getting it on together' in the hotel room, an embarrassed Miriam says "I think I'll do a bit of shopping". She returns with three pots of noodles saying "You only need a kettle!"
    Last edited by Twocky61; 20-10-2014 at 10:02. Reason: Missing Word

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Anyone remember the short lived "Pot Casserole"? As I recall the Beef flavour was pretty good

I loved the hot and spicy posh noodles they did. Really fine noodles.

They seemed to discontinue them at the same time as Sudan 1 was banned from food. I think it was an artificial flavour enhancer that was deemed to be dangerous.

I loved those noodles. I had a lot rice mug for a while that I won from the fish quay festival but its long gone

I love curry and chicken and mushroom all the others can not stand
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Beef and tomato is my favourite.
    Does anybody remember Batchelor's Snackpot from the late 1970's early 1980's or the Knorr version from about the same time?

I can honestly say I have yet to have my first Pot Noodle...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

I certainly do remember Batchelor's Snackpot and also the Knorr one as well. I actually prefered the Batchlor's one to Pot Noodle.

POT NOODLES WHERE VERY FATTENING NOT THE HEALTHIEST OF FOOD.

BUT VERY NICE INDEED NOM NOM.

IM SURE I DID TRY KNORR AND BATCHELORS AT ONE TIME ORanother.

Quote Originally Posted by gryzor View Post
    I certainly do remember Batchelor's Snackpot and also the Knorr one as well. I actually prefered the Batchlor's one to Pot Noodle.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

I used to work at the Bestfoods factory that produced Hellmans's mayo. One of the staff benefits was the staff shop which sold all Bestfoods products at cost. This included the entire range of Pots. At the time they did a Pot Mash in sausage flavour, it was lovely. You could also get pizza bases, all Hellmans stuff, tomato purees and a few other things.

Something that used to **** me off was that if a label went on a mayo bottle squinty it would be rejected. This means thrown away. A total waste for no good reason. I used to help myself to the rejects and give them away to people. It wasn't like they came from a manky bin, the bottles were all still sealed.

^ as a kid my Dad used to do a lot of contracting work at the Coca Cola Factory, back when the bottles had those black plastic bottoms glued to them.
    Any rejects with dodgy labels or bottoms wonky or missing he'd get to bring home, I remember there alway being a bin bag of full 2l Cokes in our garage.