Pot Noodles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pot Noodles

I can honestly say I have yet to have my first Pot Noodle...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

I certainly do remember Batchelor's Snackpot and also the Knorr one as well. I actually prefered the Batchlor's one to Pot Noodle.

Comment

POT NOODLES WHERE VERY FATTENING NOT THE HEALTHIEST OF FOOD.

BUT VERY NICE INDEED NOM NOM.

IM SURE I DID TRY KNORR AND BATCHELORS AT ONE TIME ORanother.

Originally posted by gryzor View Post
        I certainly do remember Batchelor's Snackpot and also the Knorr one as well. I actually prefered the Batchlor's one to Pot Noodle.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I used to work at the Bestfoods factory that produced Hellmans's mayo. One of the staff benefits was the staff shop which sold all Bestfoods products at cost. This included the entire range of Pots. At the time they did a Pot Mash in sausage flavour, it was lovely. You could also get pizza bases, all Hellmans stuff, tomato purees and a few other things.

Something that used to **** me off was that if a label went on a mayo bottle squinty it would be rejected. This means thrown away. A total waste for no good reason. I used to help myself to the rejects and give them away to people. It wasn't like they came from a manky bin, the bottles were all still sealed.

Comment

^ as a kid my Dad used to do a lot of contracting work at the Coca Cola Factory, back when the bottles had those black plastic bottoms glued to them.
            Any rejects with dodgy labels or bottoms wonky or missing he'd get to bring home, I remember there alway being a bin bag of full 2l Cokes in our garage.

Comment

I seem to remember there being also being "Pot Rice", it was some sort of curry flavour, possibly chicken. This would have been late 80's or early 90's. I much preferred it to Pot Noodles. You had to leave it to stand for longer though, otherwise you got a disgusting mouthful of crunchy partially hydrated grains of rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tim View Post
                I seem to remember there being also being "Pot Rice", it was some sort of curry flavour, possibly chicken. This would have been late 80's or early 90's. I much preferred it to Pot Noodles. You had to leave it to stand for longer though, otherwise you got a disgusting mouthful of crunchy partially hydrated grains of rice!

I had a set of Pot mugs which were based on the tubs. You used to get Pot Rice, Pot Spaghetti and Pot Chili. Never had a Pot Chili, sounds quite good though.

Attached Files

Comment

I couldn't add this to my last post because for some reason edits must be done within 5 minutes of your original post.

Are Golden Wonder a subsidiary of Bestfoods or did Bestfoods buy the Pot Noodle name from Golden Wonder?

Comment

I remember for a few years in the 1980s the range was expanded to include rice & spaghetti & such, but seemed to be just noodles by the early 1990s.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                      I couldn't add this to my last post because for some reason edits must be done within 5 minutes of your original post.

Are Golden Wonder a subsidiary of Bestfoods or did Bestfoods buy the Pot Noodle name from Golden Wonder?
                      Golden Wonder now are nothing to do with Pot Noodle but their name is on a range of pot noodle style products called Nation's Noodles and Normous Noodles made by Symingtons.

Comment

I remember Cheese & Tomato Pot Noodles that were around in the 80's. They had a yellow and red label. They tasted alright but they smelled a bit like sick.

Comment

I bought the new version of my favourite flavour Pot Noodle (Chicken and Mushroom) the other month, tasted very bland, like it needed salt. I guess they removed the salt and included the soy sauce sachet to make up for it?
                          (Don't remember the originals coming with Soy)

Comment

You used to get Pot Rice, Pot Spaghetti and Pot Chili.
                            I remember enjoying Pot Chilli,
                            There was also Pot Mash & Pot Casserole.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                              I bought the new version of my favourite flavour Pot Noodle (Chicken and Mushroom) the other month, tasted very bland, like it needed salt. I guess they removed the salt and included the soy sauce sachet to make up for it?
                              (Don't remember the originals coming with Soy)
                              I think the Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle has always come with a sachet of soy sauce. They have reduced the salt in all the Pot Noodles as well. I remember a "low salt" branded range of Pot Noodles being made a few years ago along with the normal range, but then someone decided to reduce the salt in the normal range so they discontinued the "low salt" brand cause it wasn't needed any more.

Comment

I had a set of Pot mugs which were based on the tubs. You used to get Pot Rice, Pot Spaghetti and Pot Chili. Never had a Pot Chili, sounds quite good though.

I remember those mugs - we had four of them kept in a cardboard box in a cupboard for many years.

I always have the chicken and mushroom King Pot Noodle. I remember the cheese and tomato flavour as well. My sister asked my father to get some, and he came back with beef and tomato flavour instead.

I remember that the cheese and tomato flavour had parmesan cheese which I suppose is the reason why the stopped making it not long afterwards.
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X