Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pot Noodles

Default Re: Pot Noodles

Weren't Pot Noodles introduced in around 1977? I saw one of those "I Love..." programmes for that year a few years ago where they showed an old advert for Pot Noodle, although I actually thought that they had been around in Great Britain for a few years before that.
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).

Pot noodles were one of my post club munchies "meals". I had a habit of nodding off when I was drunk so was banned from using the oven so it was a pot noodle mixed with a packet of smash, sometimes on bread. It stopped when a 24/7 garage opened nearby and we got a microwave.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

My friend who got me into eating them used to like cutting up slices of bread into soldiers & dipping them in, & I found the chicken & mushroom ones taste nice when eaten with Seabrook salt & vinegar crisps, especially when you tip the crunchy bits in.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Still love them and still ignore the sachet and squirt in loads of Heinz ketchup - nice and saucy

Quote Originally Posted by ericthecavalier View Post
    Still love them and still ignore the sachet and squirt in loads of Heinz ketchup - nice and saucy
    The sachets are pathetically small, why dont they put more in for gods sake?
    The meek shall inherit the earth

I watched Casualty this evening and I could see on the boat where Dylan was living on and having his personal problems (in the current storyline etc) that there you can see an (empty?) King Pot Noodle container with a fork inside it - unmistakeable considering that I have them myself. Amazing how I notice these things...
    I am now in my 40s (just in case anyone asks).