Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Re: Mininum Wage

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
      How about on a YTS ..... £28.50 per week
      Gosh thats going back some years

Comment

yea I remember that then went up to 32.50 year 2 I ran a car on that and went out all the time god 32.50 wuna put petrol in now for the week lol
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

The balance is insane, and it seems as if government policy is designed to stop there being enough money for the lowest wage. When I had to shift from full-time work to part-time to look after my preschool aged children, the amount of working tax credits increased to a point where I had more coming in from working p/t than I did f/t. Now, my entire intention is to go back to f/t once the kids are in school for full days, id not want my kids to grow up not realising that working hard f/t is the key to success, but how many people under then current system would think 'work more, earn less, i'm not doing that'?

I'd rather tax credits and unemployment etc were dropped lower and the minimum wage was subsidised by £1 an hour towards a living wage myself.
          www.palxbox.com my main project, collecting a full set of Xbox games and documenting them, ETA for completion of the site is 2025 mind!
          www.retrogameprices.co.uk my other project, collating prices that retro games sell for on eBay

Comment

With this living wage coming in next April how many employees could cut staff hours because they are so mean if it affects their profits.Small business are more likely to be affected.We will soon see if unemployment rises a couple of months after the rise,we could return to bust years like the 80s

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              With this living wage coming in next April how many employees could cut staff hours because they are so mean if it affects their profits.Small business are more likely to be affected.We will soon see if unemployment rises a couple of months after the rise,we could return to bust years like the 80s
              I work in a service industry and we are a non essential service so as soon as we try to increase our price to cover any wage rises that are forced on us the client will cut the service or stop all together meaning the loss of jobs, add to this the new pension laws that are being forced on to us and it is causing a massive strain

I would never start a new business now

People will say cut your profit but I can assure you our margins are tiny

living wage is supposed to be £9.28 by 2020 - will kill small businesses
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Your right small businesses will be affected,if increasing their prices to pay for a living wage,if they cant sell their products,what do they do get rid of staff employment would start to rise.Would greedy Amazon put up their prices I mean they have got away with not paying taxes.Their staff are under pressure all the time,to pick items not a nice company to work for.I dont buy from them or any other on line shopping site.I like the traditional way of seeing and looking at an item before buying

Comment

Working...
                X