Songs or Instrumentals that remind you of being somewhere nice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Songs or Instrumentals that remind you of being somewhere nice

Aquamarine instrumental by Santana reminds me of aquamarine sea with white beach and palm trees somewhere peaceful with hardly anybody about in fact an Island all to yourself

Re: Songs or Instrumentals that remind you of being somewhere nice

sleepwalk by santo and johnny farina. i think of being somewhere nice, like hawaii. just relaxing and watching the world go by...

Comment

Peaceful Easy Feeling-The Eagles Arizona Desert with a million stars above

Comment

Several of my karaoke klassix remind me of being drunk and singing very loudly!
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          Aquamarine instrumental by Santana reminds me of aquamarine sea with white beach and palm trees somewhere peaceful with hardly anybody about in fact an Island all to yourself
          These songs don't remind me of a place, but a time when you could switch on your radio to any channel, and hear great music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BE2SNP_TeY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUfDTn5huM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecciLNcEaGI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2gvHjNhQ0

Comment

YMCA by Village People. Whenever I hear this song I am reminded of the last day of college in 1979. The class had decamped to the pub for a drink and our lecturer came along and bought us all a half of bitter or lager. She was a bit of a hippy chick and tried her best to interest us in art and philosophy--not easy as we were all engineers doing an engineering course, but she was nice and you could have a laugh with her. We had all had rather more to drink than the half that the lecturer had bought us, so we were all completely at ease and enjoying ourselves. Even now I can remember someone putting YMCA on the jukebox and all of us singing along enthusiastically, including our lady lecturer. A great memory of a very happy time.

Comment

Brown Girl in the Ring by Boney M. September 1978 at my cousin's 21st birthday party, held at the local Working Men's Club. I was 16 and had drank more than I was used to and so had my mate. There was a disco and it was sweltering in the club so we went outside for a breath of fresh air. There were 3 or 4 girls outside, also having a breather and who had also been drinking a fair bit. As soon as they saw my mate and me one pointed to me and shouted 'It's John Travolta!' Well, not even my best friend or worst enemy would say I look like John Travolta, so I was a bit flabbergasted. Outside, we could still hear the music and the DJ put on 'Brown Girl in the Ring'. The girls started bopping about, grabbed my mate and me, and started to do that dance that was done to that song, where one person is in the middle and everyone else dances round them. When it finished we all went inside again and spent most of the rest of the night chatting them up. I was gutted when I discovered none of them lived locally and I never saw any of them again. Still, when I hear that song I always recall that night.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                Several of my karaoke klassix remind me of being drunk and singing very loudly!
                Destroyed a few more on Sunday!
                Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                X