Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Putting the clocks back

Default Re: Putting the clocks back

I was thinking of starting my own thread about putting the clocks back, but as I know that this thread already exists, I shall use this one.

It is indeed that time of year again where it does get darker in the evenings, and I have done nearly all of the clocks already - I refer to the early hours of the final Sunday in October as "the longest night of the year". I took advantage of that date two years ago to get acquainted with this forum and bump up a number of old threads (just like this one) and add my contribution to them.

Has anyone stayed up to listen to the radio during the early hours when we put the clocks back and listen to the two 1.00 am News bulletins on the hour? - I wonder if the GMT version is a repeat of the BST version an hour before?
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

5 months until the clocks go forward again,Halloween on thurs then guy fawkes and christmas

At least I don't have to worry about Hallowe'en unlike my last place - a good strong communal door prevents any trick or treaters from targeting where I live.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by George 1978 View Post
    At least I don't have to worry about Hallowe'en unlike my last place - a good strong communal door prevents any trick or treaters from targeting where I live.
    We have children from our street knocking the door and their parents go round with them which is a good thing

Isn't it still an unwritten rule that if you don't have Halloween decor out, the kids are not supposed to come knocking?

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    We have children from our street knocking the door and their parents go round with them which is a good thing
    That is a good thing - they can keep their eyes on them and make sure that they don't do anything over the top, but I have always assumed that the kids go on their own - i.e. no parental supervision with them.

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Isn't it still an unwritten rule that if you don't have Halloween decor out, the kids are not supposed to come knocking?
    Haha, good luck with that one!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    The local estate is being knocked down so most of the kids have left - result!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

I was always wondering - although we don't see the time on this forum when we post, does the time on the forum changes when the clocks go forward and back?

Quote Originally Posted by zabadak View Post
    The local estate is being knocked down so most of the kids have left - result!
    No tricks and no treats then