Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Default Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Hello all, 1st post.

Fantastic forum, which I have been browsing for a short while now.

Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes?

They might have been called hexominoes.
    I remember getting these as a treat on a trip out with mum.
    They were played a bit like Triominoes, but were hexagonal. The pieces were orange and about 2.5 inches across. Can't remember if they had numbers or dots. The pieces came in a tube - cant remember if the tube itself was hexagonal or round.
    They were bought in Lewis's in Argyle Street in Glasgow in the early 1970s - don't know if that shop still exists.

I would love to own a set of these again, but just for now to see a picture of them would be good.

Have hunted high and low online for years now and no luck.

Any leads welcome

Default Re: Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Only thing I can think of is Tri-ominos

Default Re: Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes, maybe called hexominoes 1970s

Hexogram?

Contack?

Thanks so far, none of these I am afraid.

Here is a really bad mock up of what the pieces looked like from memory

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hexjpg073-9-3.jpg   hexjpgg4314..jpg  

cant remember it never heard of it but it looks good in its lovely wooden box.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    Saw the link and thought "yes!!" Sadly when I clicked through it was not the one I had. Mine looked very modern and "space age" I suppose. Shiny orange plastic pieces.

Hi
    Hope you’re still interested. I think I have what you’re looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvthe1970s View Post
    Hello all, 1st post.

Fantastic forum, which I have been browsing for a short while now.

Anyone remember orange hexagonal dominoes?

They might have been called hexominoes.
    I remember getting these as a treat on a trip out with mum.
    They were played a bit like Triominoes, but were hexagonal. The pieces were orange and about 2.5 inches across. Can't remember if they had numbers or dots. The pieces came in a tube - cant remember if the tube itself was hexagonal or round.
    They were bought in Lewis's in Argyle Street in Glasgow in the early 1970s - don't know if that shop still exists.

I would love to own a set of these again, but just for now to see a picture of them would be good.

Have hunted high and low online for years now and no luck.

Any leads welcome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A3D6FFEE-637D-4BAA-9ED4-6DE5998C45C1.jpg