Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tap Water

Default Re: Tap Water

I did buys gallons of Perrier in 80's....I don't drink milk tea or coffee so Water and pop was my drink.....The flavours were lemon , or lime...then they said it contained nitrates or some such!! - didnt buy it after that.
    Volvic is my tipple of choice now....I can tell the difference between bottled waters and tap water...and it HAS to be cold.!!

i thought that was true of most houses tap water.
    And yes ur probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by mulletino View Post
    could be that your kitchen tap comes straight of the mains whereas your bathroom tap comes from a tank in the loft, thus could be home to dead animals/creatures?
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Could be that your kitchen tap comes straight of the mains whereas your bathroom tap comes from a tank in the loft, thus could be home to dead animals/creatures?
    Is that true !?!?

My wife has always claimed that but it seemed too ridiculous for words .....

I thought the difference was cold tap water comes from the mains, and hot water from the tank? I always drank cold tap water growing up. My mum used to tell us not to drink from the hot tap as it sat in the tank for ages.

Good info here: http://dwi.defra.gov.uk/consumers/ad...lets/tanks.pdf

A lot of older places have Cold Water Tanks in the loft, these usually feed upstairs bathrooms but _may_ feed all cold water taps. Usually the Kitchen Tap would be connected directly to the mains.
    If you're not sure if your's is mains or tank water, hold your thumb over the tap at full whack, if you can't hold back the flow, it's mains.

I remember my Dad telling me not to drink hot water as it had been sitting in the tank for ages.

Shows like The Young Ones & Men Behaving Badly had characters making hot drinks using water from the hot tap.
    The Trickster On The Roof

would not think it would do any harm if characters from them shows did it.

Altho hot water from the mains may have been better than from the upstairs tank same with cold tap water.

There does seem to be a taste difference tho.

By the way did you ever try it what ur dad said not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1978 View Post
    i remember my dad telling me not to drink hot water as it had been sitting in the tank for ages.

Shows like the young ones & men behaving badly had characters making hot drinks using water from the hot tap.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Could be that your kitchen tap comes straight of the mains whereas your bathroom tap comes from a tank in the loft, thus could be home to dead animals/creatures?

Rat and pigeon add to the flavour of the water. Turns it into a nice meaty stock.

I was also told never to use the hot tap for drinks. Always have used the cold tap in the kitchen and boiled in a kettle.

On tap water quality, my wife has relatives in the Philippines. A few days ago 3 came down with upset stomachs and the runs. They had been drinking tap water, something I would never do over there.

In Lanzarote, they advise not to drink the tap water. Not because of any infectious nasties but that it's choc full of minerals we are not used to...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!