Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tap Water

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
    In Lanzarote, they advise not to drink the tap water. Not because of any infectious nasties but that it's choc full of minerals we are not used to...
    It was like that on all the canary Islands

Comment

Only stayed on the one but that makes sense
      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Definitely remember having bottled water in 92/93 in the UK. I went to an exercise class with friends and we'd take little bottles of fizzy water flavoured with peach or pear (I think from M&S). It was the first time I'd come across it and thought it was the most sophisticated thing ever. From that I gather bottles of still water must have been making their mark then too.
        1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          Definitely remember having bottled water in 92/93 in the UK. I went to an exercise class with friends and we'd take little bottles of fizzy water flavoured with peach or pear (I think from M&S). It was the first time I'd come across it and thought it was the most sophisticated thing ever. From that I gather bottles of still water must have been making their mark then too.
          It is better for you th an the bottles of pop with spoonfulls of sugar added yuk

Comment

I have always drunk tap water and never bought the bottled stuff from the supermarket - I just think it's a waste of money. If water stopped coming out of the taps when I turned them on, then I might think otherwise.

I often make the old joke that water tastes a lot better when it's diluted.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The brand of water called Evian................................

You have to be 'naive' to buy bottled water lol
              sigpic
              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                The brand of water called Evian................................

You have to be 'naive' to buy bottled water lol
                That was the joke apparently ...

I still prefer the local tapwater to any of this bottled stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tap water for me too

If we were in the developing world; then bottled water is necessary as the 'tap' water there is not suitable for human consumption, what with all bugs & stuff in it

We here in the Western world should count ourselves lucky
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

There was a company in Yorkshire a few years ago that were caught bottling tap water and repackaging it . Made millions but the owners got off with a severe warning as I recall ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      There was a company in Yorkshire a few years ago that were caught bottling tap water and repackaging it . Made millions but the owners got off with a severe warning as I recall ..

I remember Coca Cola did almost the same thing with Dasani water, which was tap water given a light chemical process before being bottled.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

There's a Penn and Teller Bull%!$& episode where they serve really fancy-sounding exotic bottled water at a posh restaurant and the customers say how good it is and how superior it is to standard tap water...only what they are serving is actually tap water in fancy bottles and the customers are completely fooled.

Tap water for me, as well, unless I am in a developing country where it is not safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post

That is so ... Yorkshire! God’s Own County.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
                            That is so ... Yorkshire! God’s Own County.
                            "Aye up" God said when he met the Yorkshire people after St Peter had let them in through the pearly gates lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                              "Aye up" God said when he met the Yorkshire people after St Peter had let them in through the pearly gates lol
                              I like the dry Yorkshire sense of humour.

Comment

lol

I used to live in the Lancashire village of Hesketh Bank. In the local pub the old fellers came out with humorous antidotes; especially if you plied them with beer lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X