Tap Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap Water

I love drinking tap water,I bought a glass fridge jug filled it up and sliced lemon & Lime and popped them in left it in the fridge for 7 hours,then tried a glass it was really nice a zingy zesty taste and refreshing.

When I was a kid no way I would have drank tap water on its own

Re: Tap Water

Yea same here now have glass most nights
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

We used to call tap water 'council pop'

Comment

Originally posted by stoysville View Post
        We used to call tap water 'council pop'
        Havent heard that before

Comment

We used to call it Council Pop too lol. Maybe it's a northern saying? I live in Spain and you will know the famous saying " Don't drink the water " It always amuses me when I see all the Brit ex-pats leaving the local supermarket with a trolley full of expensive un-necessary bottled water ( which as we all know is usually tap water anyway ). If the Spaniards can drink it so can we. I lived in the jungle in a small village in the Philippines for some months where the only water supply was a half-pipe that collected rain water and ran down a mountain to a stand pipe. There was a sock over the end of the tap to stop bugs and insects. I did have " the runs " for a while, but after that no problem lol. Tap water in the UK is among the best in the world believe me !!

Comment

Most places I've managed to drink the local water without problems, maybe takign things easy in the first few days.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

id never drink water on its own until i was in my mid twenties.
              but when i drink it i only drink it from the kitchen taps.
              i think it tastes better than drinking it from the bathroom sink.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                We used to call it Council Pop too lol. Maybe it's a northern saying? I live in Spain and you will know the famous saying " Don't drink the water " It always amuses me when I see all the Brit ex-pats leaving the local supermarket with a trolley full of expensive un-necessary bottled water ( which as we all know is usually tap water anyway ). If the Spaniards can drink it so can we. I lived in the jungle in a small village in the Philippines for some months where the only water supply was a half-pipe that collected rain water and ran down a mountain to a stand pipe. There was a sock over the end of the tap to stop bugs and insects. I did have " the runs " for a while, but after that no problem lol. Tap water in the UK is among the best in the world believe me !!
                I know when we went to Fuerteventura `1997 the reps said dont drink from taps well if Brits ate salads from restaurants how do they wash it

Comment

Lol thats a quote not heard for long time you not heard that at all mate my grandad use to say it to me was so happy then saw it was water lol

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                  Havent heard that before

Comment

I'm sure tap water in European countries is fine now but I do remember a couple of trips to the Balearics in the early 90's when the tap water tasted horrible. I drank bottled water and I could certainly tell if tap water ice cubes made their way into a drink.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

ive heard horror stories of people going on holiday and drinking the water and getting all sorts of infections.

it was always a reason id never go abroad.

you see mamy programmes talking about hotels with horrible drinking water tap water.

ive drank some that really hurt my throat.
                      Last edited by darren; 16-11-2014, 16:35.

Comment

Yea i remember that mate use to buy bottle water if you drank there tap water u be on loo all holiday and yea been there dun that never drank it again lol
                        Originally posted by darren View Post
                        ive heard horror stories of people going on holiday and drinking the water and getting all sorts of infections.

it was always a reason id never go abroad.

you see mamy programmes talking about hotels with horrible drinking water tap water.

ive drank some that really hurt my throat.

Comment

mine tastes like copper.

"go to gaol"
                          The Indelible Asher D

Comment

Ive always noticed drinking tap water from the kitchen is much nicer than tap water from the bathroom.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                              Ive always noticed drinking tap water from the kitchen is much nicer than tap water from the bathroom.
                              I wouldnt touch the bathroom water

Comment

Working...
                              X