Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tea or Coffee

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
    Coffee in the morning and a tostado ( a kind of toast ) with pear jam on it from the local coffee shop. After that it's Sangria all the way !! : )
    Where you live is it warm during the day wintertime

Comment

Used to be a big tea drinker but for some reason during an illness I found I just could not drink it too easily afterwards. Since then it's been coffee then later to decaffeinated (excuse the spelling here ). I am partial to a fresh mint brew which seems at times to sooth the IBS.

Comment

No mate but like cuppa tea in day mornings and night my coffee moments lol

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by Chris-T View Post
          I try not to - urrgh.
          Isn't all tea pretty much instant?

Comment

More or less yes. It was 62F today. Warm enough for shorts and t-shirt. It can get pretty chilly in the evenings sometimes, but we all have solar panels which warm the villa up at night for no cost ; )

Comment

More or less yes. It was 62F today. Warm enough for shorts and t-shirt. It can get pretty chilly in the evenings sometimes, but we all have solar panels which warm the villa up at night for no cost ; )
              Well I could put up with chilly nights for sunshine during the day,solar panels are great

Comment

Re: Tea or coffee?

Coffee -- Of the four of us it's just me and one of the housemates who drink coffee.

Comment

Well I could put up with chilly nights for sunshine during the day,solar panels are great
                  How do they work at night if there's no sun?!

Comment

Originally posted by little miss sunshine View Post
                    How do they work at night if there's no sun?!
                    I'm not sure if that's a serious question, but just in case it is....thermal storage tanks.

Comment

Ah, its just you said it heats it up at night, but you meant that it heats the water up during the day using the principle of photosynthesis (converting light into energy), or photovoltaic, and stores it for use at night in thermal storage tanks.
                      Got it.

Comment

I'm not sure if that's a serious question, but just in case it is....thermal storage tanks.
                        I was just being slightly funny but you come across a bit of a bully, as indicated by your slightly passive aggressive avatar.
                        I dont think i like it here now.

Comment

I can't see how that can be interpreted as bullying, but if you do please accept my apologies. As for my passive aggressive avatar maybe you read too much into things? It's simply an old pic of me in the 80's which seemed appropriate for a nostalgia site.

Comment

i dont like either.
                            The Indelible Asher D

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                              I like both, but I tend to drink coffee more because it's instant.

Anyone remember the instant tea that was around in the 1990s?
                              I'm the same, Richard1978. Drink both but more coffee than tea for sheer practicality. No tea leaves or tea bags to contend with either with instant coffee, although grounds are a bit of a nuisance in the winter. Summer disposal is out the back door and tip straight onto the garden. Instant tea is still available, but not great IMO.

Comment

I remember instant tea being advertised in a big way in the early 1990s, but it didn't catch on.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X