Fav tv programmes that made a movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fav tv programmes that made a movie

On the buses my fav film was Holiday on the buses,when Stan Jack had seasonal work at Pontins holiday camp.To find Blakey was security.

When Stan had the family to come and stay for a week.Arthur was too mean to pay the train fare so they went by bike and side car.It was funny when the luggage landed in the muddy river,the clothes were ruined.Little Arthur squirted the walls with the pistol with ink ,they painted the walls.Olive left a mess with her hand prints because she couldnt find the light switch.

Re: Fav tv programmes that made a movie

man about the house is the only comedy i that was mde into a film that i like of the ones i can think of that had a film done.

steptoe and son did a film but i cant stand the dad a really nsty vindictive cruel person.

in the film he made his sons possible marriage fail and he loved it.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      man about the house is the only comedy i that was mde into a film that i like of the ones i can think of that had a film done.

steptoe and son did a film but i cant stand the dad a really nsty vindictive cruel person.

in the film he made his sons possible marriage fail and he loved it.
      Harold had a hard life with misery guts

George & Mildred wedding anniversary weeekend staying at a so called posh hotel.When things didnt go to plan

Comment

Bless this house did s film
        Love the steptoes films by the way great stuff old albert was good at putting a stop to harolds plans lol
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

oh yes forgot about bless this house.

oh yes g and h film was super.

another is mr bean think they have done2 films not as funny tho as the series.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
          Harold had a hard life with misery guts

George & Mildred wedding anniversary weeekend staying at a so called posh hotel.When things didnt go to plan
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Man about the house was funny when they played strip poker and guess who always lost ha

Father Dear Father havent seen that film in yonks I am sure that I went to see it when it was in the cinema

Comment

TV Cream used to have a good feature on films based on sitcoms.

In the mid 1970s some ITV shows had a film spin off even when the original series wasn't super popular or long running.

By the 1980s it had almost died out, but in the last 20 years we have had a few films based on sitcoms or even comedy sketches.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Please Sir !! Great series...and surprisingly good film as mostly the TV series that went to film were pretty dire. I had the pleasure of many lunchtime drinks with Peter Denyer ( he played Dennis ) when he was in panto in Blackpool. Sadly passed away now but a gentleman and very nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                  Please Sir !! Great series...and surprisingly good film as mostly the TV series that went to film were pretty dire. I had the pleasure of many lunchtime drinks with Peter Denyer ( he played Dennis ) when he was in panto in Blackpool. Sadly passed away now but a gentleman and very nice guy.
                  Surprisingly how many did pass away from the programme

How about Nearest and Dearest Eli and Nelly Pledge the pickle factory

Comment

Can't remember what the series was...but she had a pub called "The Brown Cow" and every time she answered the phone she said " Hello...the brown cow speaking " never got tired of that gag.

Comment

I loved the Doctor Who movies with Peter Cushing.Also the three Quatermass films.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                        Can't remember what the series was...but she had a pub called "The Brown Cow" and every time she answered the phone she said " Hello...the brown cow speaking " never got tired of that gag.
                        Not on your Nelly I think

Porridge film was funny with the football match

Comment

Planet of the apes had series and films carnt seem to remember but im sure the film was first
                          THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

mash, started with the movie......buffy did too

Comment

The Waltons had two movies, if I remember correctly, though of course the cast were much older than in the tv series
                              sigpic
                              Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X