Tomorrow folks across the pond will be celebrating their thanks giving day

Have a good day Victor and anyone else from US who are a member of DYR

Re: Thanks giving day

I've often wondered which is more important to Americans & Canadians:

Thanksgiving?

~~or~~

Christmas?
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Canadian Thanksgiving is in October and predates the American holiday by some twenty years as it was first celebrated by the English explorer Martin Frobisher in 1579 or 80.

Comment

Thanks Victor
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
          Canadian Thanksgiving is in October and predates the American holiday by some twenty years as it was first celebrated by the English explorer Martin Frobisher in 1579 or 80.
          Correction: That should read "forty years" instead of "twenty."

Comment

If you are anything like the Americans/Canadians I know...it's a big excuse to eat far too much...put on weight....and then blame history lol. Don't get me wrong btw...us Brits are no different !!

Comment

what does it mean tho.

if its just about eating and then christmas and more eating.

im glad we just have the one.

have a good one all american members.

i think its a day for just being thankful for everything in your life be it friends etc.
              Last edited by darren; 27-11-2014, 23:44.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Cooldeepblue View Post
                If you are anything like the Americans/Canadians I know...it's a big excuse to eat far too much...put on weight....and then blame history lol. Don't get me wrong btw...us Brits are no different !!
                Heh heh, I was a good lad this year (other years not so good) and only had one plate full though I'll be having turkey well into the next weekend.

Comment

What about black friday the fighting over goods in Tesco where police were called out.Talk about grab and greed never seen anything like it before in Uk no shame

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                    What about black friday the fighting over goods in Tesco where police were called out. Talk about grab and greed never seen anything like it before in Uk no shame
                    I saw that on the news. Sadly, Black Friday is literally the flip side of Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                      I saw that on the news. Sadly, Black Friday is literally the flip side of Thanksgiving.
                      It has nothing to do with us but we have got it

Comment

Working...
                      X