Birthday Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Parties

What we remember when we were invited to a friends birthday party.
    1.It would be in their house
    2.On average there would be no more than 10 invited
    3.The games would be pass the parcel,musical chairs,hide and seek,blind mans bluff
    4.The food ham or egg sandwiches,jelly & blancmange biscuits crisps pop sausage rolls cheese and pineapple sausages on sticks
    5.We took a piece of birthday cake home with us
    6,Cant remember what presents we would give maybe a jigsaw or a book paints maybe

Re: Birthday Parties

That's pretty much how I remember them Amethyst...I would add that our mum's would usually make us wear clothes that we wouldn't normally be seen dead in lol .

Comment

I remember when we had birthday parties (either being invited to friends or our own) the parents would be in the kitchen drinking wine
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I had parties at home but now aday there is all these indoor play areas where kids go my son is 6 next month and he got one booked i must admit saves trashing the house now lol
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
          I had parties at home but now aday there is all these indoor play areas where kids go my son is 6 next month and he got one booked i must admit saves trashing the house now lol
          Times have changed kids have theme parties now.My relations children both had a gymnastics party this year

Comment

oh yes indeed i had ones like this,

bowl of crisps bowl of smarties honest smarties 5 or 6 of us at the kitchen table.
            our mouths all red stained with lemonade.

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            What we remember when we were invited to a friends birthday party.
            1.It would be in their house
            2.On average there would be no more than 10 invited
            3.The games would be pass the parcel,musical chairs,hide and seek,blind mans bluff
            4.The food ham or egg sandwiches,jelly & blancmange biscuits crisps pop sausage rolls cheese and pineapple sausages on sticks
            5.We took a piece of birthday cake home with us
            6,Cant remember what presents we would give maybe a jigsaw or a book paints maybe
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
              oh yes indeed i had ones like this,

bowl of crisps bowl of smarties honest smarties 5 or 6 of us at the kitchen table.
              our mouths all red stained with lemonade.
              But we had fun

Comment

Anyone else nearly break a tooth on a sixpence hidden inside a scone ?

Comment

thats a new one on me.
                  but i seriously doubt kids now have parties like we did
                  .any ive seen they nomally just get a few big pressies.

Originally posted by havasack View Post
                  Anyone else nearly break a tooth on a sixpence hidden inside a scone ?
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Poppy, my neice (now eighteen) had a playbus on the drive when she was about five. My brother Peter hired it. Generally, these buses are ex-fleet from bus companies, bought privately & turned into playbuses; also you see some London Routemaster buses converted into wedding 'limo's'
                    sigpic
                    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Singing Happy Birthday to friends,Hip hip horee when they blew out the candles

Comment

Or singing to them the other version of 'Happy Birthday to You':

Happy Birthday to you
                        Squashed tomatoes & stew
                        Happy Birthday Dear {INSERT NAME}
                        Happy Birthday to you

sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday to you
                          you live in a zoo
                          you look like a monkey
                          and you walk like one too.

anyone mentioned getting the bumps yet ?

Comment

Working...
                          X