This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Glitter !!

The forum seems to be getting a bit bland lately ( what did you have for tea/what is the weather like etc ). So I thought I would liven it up with a controversial subject. Most of us who were teens in the 70's would have been Gary Glitter fans. Bearing in mind what has come to light over recent years....do you still play his stuff or are all the records/CDs in the bin now?

Re: Gary Glitter !!

I could not stand the man or his music.For what he has done I feel for all those he abused.he is nothing but a monster end of story

Comment

I would agree entirely.

Comment

Say what you like but I loved his stuff and have sung "I love you love me love" in karaoke quite a few times and it always gets a good reception. His greatest hits are available on Spotify so he's not that contraversial really.

Comment

I'm more of an 80's kid but obviously know his music and though the Glam rock era wasn't my thing he was popular so if you liked it then why wouldn't you like it now regardless of the man a good song is a good song

I like a lot of the lost prophets music but I'm unlikely to send a Christmas card to Ian Watkins

people conveniently forget than the King of pop ...... sweet as sugar Michael Jackson was accused of lots of things that only went away because a lot of money changed hands (cue the abuse)

so in answer to the original question .... I don't have any of his records and if I did I would keep them, but wouldn't be playing them at any discos
          Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

If the band were to make a comeback it would obviously be without their lead singer, but I often wonder what happened to them. Are they session musicians now?
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Made some good music in his day.

Comment

Either keep this thread on topic, comments about music only or this thread will be deleted. We have cleaned it up for the third and final time. Thanks
                Heather

Comment

i was a big gary glitter fan i used to go to his gigs even up till the late 80s maybe even into the 90s during this time he used to have a lot psychobilly and pop punk bands as suport acts.think i chucked out all his stuff cds records tour tshirts etc when his perversions came to light

Comment

I remember my brother's old girlfriend saying that her Dad used to have a tape of Gary Glitter's greatest hits, & would always play it while driving, often singing along to it.

When there contents of Gary's hard drive came to light the tape was quickly binned.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Glitter Band had a few hits of their own (sans GG) ... Angel Face & Goodbye My Love charting highest.

Comment

That's good to hear Zip55
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I don't if anyone else on here has ever heard of the BBC 'Glam Rock' video that was released around about 1989/90? I used to have a copy of it a long, long time ago but passed it on. I've no idea how many other people's homes it's ended up in but's apparently there are copies still available on Amazon.
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glam-Rock-1-...ords=Glam+Rock

I never found out about this fellow's sexual orientation for a long time after I'd passed the video on. Tbh I think there's something distinctly demonic about the words 'I can make you sell me your soul for my rock 'n' roll'.
                          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
                            I don't if anyone else on here has ever heard of the BBC 'Glam Rock' video that was released around about 1989/90? I used to have a copy of it a long, long time ago but passed it on. I've no idea how many other people's homes it's ended up in but's apparently there are copies still available on Amazon.
                            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Glam-Rock-1-...ords=Glam+Rock

I never found out about this fellow's sexual orientation for a long time after I'd passed the video on. Tbh I think there's something distinctly demonic about the words 'I can make you sell me your soul for my rock 'n' roll'.
                            There was also the glam rock film Never Too Young to Rock featuring glam rock bands from the seventies including the Glitter Band if IRC. I saw the film on it's release at Gloucester Odeon/ABC in the seventies
                            sigpic

Comment

I still play his music and I'm not going to pretend that he never existed as his music played a big part of my teen years.

Comment

Working...
                              X