Susan George

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan George

Susan George has acted in quite a few films. The 1974 film Dirty Mary Crazy Larry she played Mary Coombs who joined the two robbers being pursued across the US backroads by police & Victor Marrow's character in a helicopter. The helicopter was even used to try to bring the pursuit to a stop by flying in front of the fleeing car. Roddy McDowell played the manager of the robbed supermarket but strangely Roddy McDowell was not mentioned in the closing credits even though he was famous playing Gayland in the Planet of the Apes.
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Susan George

She also was in Straw Dogs in 1971

Comment

Forgot about that one J - another she was on is the BBC's Wednesday Play for the Day 'Up the Junction' which was later made into a film
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Spring and Port Wine is my fave Susan George film.

Comment

never saw any of her films tbh.
          but straw dogs is one i know her for pretty controversial.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Straw Dogs was a **** movie

Comment

She always looked a bit goofey....not for me thankyou.
              Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

She was married to the late Simon "Harry Harper" MacCorkindale, wasn't she? - didn't know about that myself until I read his obituary.
                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                X